We just returned from a week at the Island Seas. July 16-23. We had a great time. Wow, reading some of the others comments in these postings truly amaze me. There are some truly hoity-toity people out there who cannot see the good in anything. You're on vacation, lighten up.
We arrived 2 hours early on a Friday and were immediately checked into our room. No problems.
The rooms are OK, not 5 star, but clean and very roomy. The maids cleaned every day we put the 'please clean room' sign up with no problems.
Yes, service is slow at the restaurant. But it is at ALL restaurants on the island. Have a drink. Relax. Enjoy it. The only problem we had with the restaurant at the resort is lack of diversity on the menu, it is the same menu each night, which gets kind of old.
We were asked to take the timeshare tour upon first arriving at the resort. I told them I would get back to them. We were told if you take the tour then you can use the free shuttle that they offer into Port Lucaya. They put a little sticky star on your room charge card to show to the bus driver to get on. The next day I told them there would be no way we would buy as we already own a timeshare and that I did not want to waste their time. She said "no problem" thank you for letting us know. We used the shuttle all week. Not too hard core there on the whole timeshare issue huh? Be honest and they will treat you with respect as well.
Everyone we met working at the resort was as friendly as could be. If you wanted to chat, they would chat. They always had kind words for our boys and were helpful with information.
Transportation is easy, skip the cabs. Take the free shuttle to Port Lucaya, cross the street to the public bus stop. Tell the driver where you need to go and for $1 per person you are good to go. From Port Lucaya to the International Bazaar or back to Island Seas (the free shuttle last picks up at 4:30 pm).
Food is no more expensive than in any resort area. Look for the deals. All of the restaurants in Port Lucaya have breakfast and lunch specials for $3.50 for breakfast to $6.00 for lunch. The resort has a happy hour 2 for 1 drinks from 4-6pm each day, drinks are $6 and everything is charged a 15% gratuity. Go to the duty free shops and buy your own booze and mix your own. There are vendors selling daquiris up and down the beach for $5 each- they are good! Try Zonk's Conch 'Hut" to the left of the resort on the beach. Take some time to talk to him and his local friends- it's an experience. Try his conch for sure- truly an island original.
We did the Paradise Cove snorkel tour and it was great. A very nice beach, clean environment and nice people running it. We took a Kayak Nature Tour to the Lucayan National Park and it was a great time as well.
A vacation is what you make of it. Make it fun. You're not in the high paced life of what we are used to in the U.S., sit back, relax.
Please e-mail with any questions you have. I would love to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island