Some friends invited us to go with them but we were a little nervous about some of the reviews. Having never traveled outside the US, we had heard stories from our friends about crime and so forth too.
The Bahamas and this resort we found to be really nice and a great choice. We loved the people there and had a relaxing, enjoyable time.
The rooms we thought were fine for a beach stay, we were on the Marina side. We planned a couple of activities a day like the Pier 1 restaurant, where they feed the big sharks right off the balcony. The Garden of the Groves was really nice and took a couple of trips to the Lacaya market area, the second time was because we missed breakfast at the resort. We walked down the beach one day and went to Bernie's bonfire for dinner. We only stayed 3 days.
We enjoyed the food and the beauty of it all but mainly I think the people of the Bahamas gave us a sense of Island Time that we brought back with us, yah man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island