We stayed in a one bedroom condo at Island Seas Resort during the third week of March 2004. It was quite clean. The kitchen was furnished with dishwasher, can opener, microwave, fridge, stove, utensils, dishes, etc. The room was beautiful, bright and spacious. We took a tour of the island on a shuttle bus. Michael was our driver. He was quite informative and also quite funny. He told us about the houses that were only partially built, and why they were in that uncompleted state, and about the laws in the Bahamas. No guns are allowed. If you kill someone, you will be executed by hanging, etc. He also took us to the Garden of the Groves where we saw peacocks, alligators, flora, etc.
Enjoyed his tour. The Sunset Cruise with hors de vors was a disappointment. It was supposed to be from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. We got back at the dock at 7:30 p.m. The food wasn't much to speak of, nor was the bar on the boat. The entertainment on the boat ended up being piped in music. So, don't waste your money on the Sunset Cruise. Back to the Island Seas Resort --- the Coconut Restaurant is outdoors and charming.
The waitstaff were pleasant, but service was generally slow. We enjoyed the food there. Our favorite waitresses were Eulamae and Jacqueline.
They were generally smiling and were ready to be of help. Andrew at the desk was also helpful as were several other of the staff. If we ever go back again to the Bahamas, we would definitely stay at the Island Seas Resort. However, we probably won't go back because of all the time spent going through Customs check points. Very, very time consuming and tiring. If you go, fly down rather than take the Discovery Cruise (which cruises every day from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.). Waters were extremely rough going down and about 80% of the travelers were seasick and throwing up everywhere. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island