My family and I just came back from spending 6 days at Island Seas Resort. Our family of 6 stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment across the road facing the marina. This was a purchase through Interval international. We had to call maintenance several time over the first 3 days to come and fix the cable. Had to sit and wait for someone to show up each day. They blamed the cable company for the fuzzy channels. Most channels were very fuzzy. The tv was a old box type tv. On day 3 they finally changed the converter and it cleared up the channels. Had to call daily for towels because they never had enough in the morning.
The resort has a TERRIBLE problem with the beach towels. Every time we ask we were told they were not clean yet. On the last day of our stay we were brought 6 beach towels. Go figure.
The activity lady is very mediocre. The resort has an activity schedule for kids, but the activity lady does not show up for the kids activities. My husband, younger child and myself scheduled a "nature" walk. It was to start @ 9am. She finally showed up around 9:45. The tour consist of walking down the beach a little then getting on the road and walking almost to the end of the dead end road.
The lady that talked us into doing a timeshare tour promised the 3 kids a necklace the next day and when they went to see her she said she forgot and to come back the next day. They were to her the next day and she told them she had to go get some more and come back again the next day. The next day she was no where to be found. Kids were a little upset. IF YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR PROMISE DON'T OFFER A NECKLACE OR ANYTHING ELSE!!!
The beach is very, very nice and clean.
The grocery store is very expensive, and Solomon supermarket, about 5 minutes from the resort is not cheap either.
On our last day we needed to print our ticket for the flight back. I needed to call the 1-800 # because I couldn't get it to print. I was told by one employee to go to front desk and they would let me use the phone but when I got to the front desk the lady told me no but I could use the pay phone that charges $4 per minute. I told her to kiss my you know what and left.
The resort needs a major overhaul. Staff needs to wake up, realize that they depend on tourists and drop the do not care attitude.
We liked the Bahamas, but we won’t be back to this resort EVER. This is a 1-2 star resort at most!
Don't wait your money on this place.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island