We booked this trip with the cruise and stayed an extra two nights. This was our first time not choosing an all-inclusive vacation and we loved it!!
We had a large, clean room (minus the floors had not been washed in a very long time. My feet were extremely dirty after walking around the room for about five minutes) with everything you needed inside.
We went to the local markets and spoke with locals. They taught us how to create their local dishes and we ate almmost every meal in our room.
We rented a car and drove to the National Park and the gardens as well as int Port Lucaya and the beach.
One night we went to the "fish fry" which was the best night of the trip. Tasted fresh conch salad and fish with pea n rice and danced the night away. There is also a local kareoke bar near the hotel with the most friendly staff you will ever meet.
The hotel was very accomodating and my only other complaint besides my dirty floor was having to go to the main area to use wifi.
I also reccommend contacting the People to People program. They will connect you with somone who lives on the island and they will show you things other than the typical touristy things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island