The resort staff were very friendly and for the most part, I felt very well taken care of. There were quite a few utensils and dishes missing but when I called, they fixed things up nicely. The only thing that wasn't done was the replacing of the broken tv remote and it just never materialized so I had to leave the tv on all the time and had a really hard time changing the channel.
The unit was roomy but quite dated although I was expecting that after reading reviews. The food was so-so and I ventured down the beach to the right about two minutes and found the fantastic Michele's Kitchen on the Beach. John and Michele cook fresh lobster tail, yummy snapper, conch, jerk pork and jerk chicken along with rice and peas, lovely cooked greens and delicious plantains - all at VERY reasonable prices. It was my favourite place to eat hands down.
My overall experience of this part of Grand Bahamas Island was terrific. I had a great time dancing at Kirk's Bar down the road, went to the Wednesday night fish fry, and enjoyed the Saturday night music in Count Basie Square. Will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island