This review is significantly different from my last experience at this resort. My room (apartment) is now ocean front - vastly different from the rat hole noted in my last review. The one bedroom unit was spotless except for worn and stained upholstered furniture in the living room (management is in the process of replacing these furnishings). Maid service was attentive. The view is breathtaking and the beach was clean. Wireless is still available only at the pool and connections are tenuous at best. The downside to the resort is that there is a large piece of vacant land (owned by Island Seas) that is a storage dump for large shipping containers and is pretty unsightly. Another inconvenience is that the ocean front buildings are a long walk from parking especially if you are toting groceries. Coconuts restaurant is just OK; there are much better restaurants on island including some where you do get white glove service. Considering my last experience, this last trip was a total surprise and very welcomed. It looks like Island Seas is cleaning up it's act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport Bahamas
- Island Seas Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island