“STR8 UP!!!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jolly Rodger Drive, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Freeport
“STR8 UP!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Upon reading reviews the whole ride to Rivera beach fl..me and my fiance were kinda skeptical about staying here..but we won the cruise and it was all paid for so we said what the heck!!..gave it a shot!!..and boy were we surprised..The front desk clerk was AWESOME!!!..her name was Amanda she was a lot of help..The room was spotless!!!!..The kitchenette came in handy BIG time!!!!..The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable!!!..I mean it's not a 5 star hotel but it's younique in its own way..The pool was so COOL!!!..that's where me and fiance spent most of our time..lol..The Taino beach was AWESOME!!!!!..If you do decide to stay here make sure you go to the beach and pool the slide is AWESOME!!!!!..Taino beach has all kinds of cool water activities to do..like banana boat, glass bottom boat tours, and jet ski rentals..kinda pricey but well worth it..There is a ferry available to take you to and from the hotel to lucyan for $6 round trip..that's where all the shops and majority of the restaurants are..Overall I was VERY pleased with my experience!!!..definitely will be back!!!!..they do not have a elevator so you have to carry your luggage but ain't nothing wrong with a little exercise in ya life!!!!..lol..I had a BLAST!!!..plus it wasn't like me and my fiance were BALLING out of control!!!..reasonable prices for great service..CHECK THEM OUT!!!!..NEVER MIND all the fuss with these review experience yourself..then you be the judge!!!!!..

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Shericka B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Am I the only one that doesn't go on vacation and stay in my hotel? My family and I went last June, and are going back in a week. The staff was friendly, answered any questions and were willing to help. My room was more than clean, was immaculate! As long as my bed sheets are clean, and the room is clean I am fine. All I plan on doing is showering and sleeping in my room. The rest of the time I want to be out and about. Pool was awesome, and everything I would like for a vacation. When needing a taxi driver I HIGHLY recommend Limpy. I would never ask anyone else, my family and I have already contacted him to pick us up from the ship and take us everywhere we need to go before arriving at the hotel. In other words people, don't go on vacation and worry about being in your room! But enjoy, you're in the Bahamas!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Carly R
Jamestown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very Nice Getaway ! We take the Discovery Cruise one way from Port everglades for $79 each and Stay 4 nights all inclusive for $199 with no need for a car or extra expenses ! Nice snorkeling ! Great shopping and attractions near by =)

Room Tip: we spent less than $500 total and had an amazing getaway from Florida =)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank smarttravel420guy
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here for Memorial Day weekend and had a great experience. Great price for room and slip combo, for boaters to come from South Florida and fish for the weekend. Clean, comfortable rooms. Staff was courteous and helpful. Lots of amenities to keep the wives happy. Would stay there again next time we visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I had two nights here as part of a timeshare marketing package. We found that the staff were very friendly and went to considerable lengths to help us. We especially wish to mention Amanda at reception who helped us hire a car and explained several things very clearly. The room was very comfortable and we were pleased to find a kitchenette. The only downside was that the fans in both the bathroom and the kitchenette were very noisy, as was the air-conditioner. Amanda promised to get it looked into. The other outstandingly helpful person was 'Big Mama', a resourceful woman with a big heart, who helped us to rearrange a tour on a glass-bottomed boat.
The resort looked delightful with an outstanding pool, and was right on the beach. However, we are not much into resorts and were glad to have a rental car to get to other parts of the island.
While this is not a five-star hotel, it was clean and comfortable with excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wildfrog85
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I went to Miami mainly to see the Keys and watch the Heat play as I am a massive basket ball fan, Glasgow Rocks to.
We saw there was a trip to go to the Bahamas and it was just as cheap to go to Bahamas as stay on in Ocean Drive, so we booked up they picked us up took us on the ferry and we stayed 3 nights 4 days, FABOULUOS time worth every penny and so great to have been to the Bahamas as well, so much to do and the hotel has a wee boat to take you to town, so your in the country with peace and quiet and white sandy beaches, or hop on the boat and go tot the hub 10 mins in the boat and cheap, we cant wait to go back for a week next time, has a great shop and food good to, all good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ADWGlasgow
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear “WOW”,
Love your post! That’s exactly what we think too!
See you next time! Glad you can stay a bit longer too!
The Management
Buffalo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here after staying a week at Atlantis. Calm and relaxing compared to Nassau, welcome change. But this hotel is not one I would recommend. It was a small room for 2 adults and 2 kids. Very small kitchenette, hardly usable, but fridge was handy. Great location, right on the marina, but no balcony. Nowhere to hang stuff to dry.

2 smaller double beds, well used, but acceptable. Very tight room, small bathroom. On second floor, no help with bags or elevator. Front desk staff was very nice, but the bad part about the front office is that there is a sales desk for the timeshare next door and their mission in life is to get you to take "the tour". They offer you free breakfast and other amenities. But I did not come to the Bahamas to waste my time listening to someone try and sell me something I do not want.

Everywhere you go in Lucaya, both sides of the channel there is someone to try and get you to tour the resort. We had friends staying at the resort and their cupboard doors were falling off and their balcony hot tubs were dead pools. Their rooms were in dissaray and they paid hefty maintenance fees for them, and still in bad shape. Were not interested and finally had to yell NO to get them away from us.

Port Lucaya Marketplace was wonderful, great restaurants, nice shops, very reasonable compared to Nassau. Bought a few things, and took the ferry back to our hotel across the channel. Ferry is $3 each way, reasonable cost, and the drivers were nice, showed us some sights along the way.

I would not return to this hotel, but would stay somewhere on the Port Lucaya side and not come across to the Taino Beach resort.

The pool was wonderful and the cave bar was great. Carlton was a great bartender. But he did not work everyday. This was the best part about the resort. Our kids went for a banana boat ride that cost $40 and lasted 10 minutes.

The snorkeling was great, went to the Rainbow Reef, but you can do that from either side. Nice drivers, were out for about an hour.

If the sales people would relax a little and let up on the tourists and maybe get to work fixing what they were selling instead of bugging me, I would have enjoyed this stay a lot better. Great breakfast buffet, cost of $54 each morning. But eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, coffee, juice, cereal, toast, can recommend that, but breakfast is good on the Lucaya side too.

Room Tip: Stay in Port Lucaya somewhere.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Kim E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Bell Channel Inn
Island Seas Resort
Island Seas Resort
#9 of 16 in Freeport
3.0 of 5 stars 1,120 reviews

Been to Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!