Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Royal Islander(Freeport)
$120
HotelQuickly
$233
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbig mamaswim up barkey depositawesome poolrestaurant food was goodport lucaya market placetiano beachcleaned every dayglass bottom boatspent nightsbring your ownexplore the islandpool and hot tubrooms are nicecoffee potgrocery storelucayan national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was a very old hotel more like a motel with all outside corridors and no elevators in this three-storey building. It costs $27 taxi fare for two people party plus $3 for each additional person to get here from the ship port. Hotel is located on the other side of Lucaya Port. There's a water taxi behind the hotel that leaves every hour up until 11PM to Port Lucaya for $5 roundtrip. The hotel has a very small lobby with an adjacent cramped gift shop. They do have a luggage storage room and will hold luggage for you if you are unable to check into your room or if you have a late departure after check out (not sure if there's a cost for this or not as I did not use the service). The hotel staff were very friendly and provided very helpful island information. The hotel room smelled musky and the bathtub knob broken. The room had a noisy wall a/c and ceiling fan along with a small kitchenette (microwave with utensils and refrigerator). The beach is right across the street from the hotel and there's a beach restaurant. The surrounding hotels and timeshare condos have a lovely pool and jacuzzi as well as a swim up bar which I presume we were allowed to use. Aside from that there is nothing going on in this neck of the woods; all the action (shopping, bars, restaurants, water sports, night life etc.) are all located in Port Lucaya but beware to catch the last ferry (water taxi) back at 11:10PM or take the taxi at a premium charge.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank islandgirl2244
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I only stayed for two nights but I had a great time. The woman at the front desk everyone is talking about wasn't there when I was. My friends and I were welcomed by a man who explained everything to us before check-in. After checking in we were given a tour of the resort and motel by a different man who was very happy and funny too. He explained to me how to get back and forth and that when buying anything we would be better off buying it away from the hotel. He was very honest and welcoming. Over all I had a great experience. The only down fall was trying to get towels or wash cloths was next to impossible. The pool and bar were amazing and only steps from the beach. I would go back anytime. Ps if you get you hair braided hope your not tender headed because it get pulled tight.:-)

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed December 18, 2011

A TravelZoo deal that I couldn't resist (but should have), this hotel was a disappointment. The only warm and welcoming staff is trying to hook you into his time-share spiel, the facilities are dismal and the room is on a par with a Red Roof Inn or Motel 6. The pool looks nice, but it was too cold to enjoy. I'm a little surprised they didn't have the hot tub warmed up.

You're kind of trapped in this area, too. The only place to go is Port Lucaya, a depressing assortment of cheap jewelry/clothing stores, alcoholic waystations and substandard restaurants. Save yourselves: skip Freeport entirely.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly5612
Reviewed September 3, 2011

So, I was wary of this place after reading all of the reviews. My husband and I stayed at two hotels this being the first place, and an all inclusive resort the second place. I have to say we enjoyed this place a lot more! Yes, they will ask you to go to orientation, but they give you a cocktail and explain options of things to do on the property and on the island. So if you opt not to go, then it's your loss. Yes, they will try to sell you a time share by bribing you to see what the timeshares are about with a free breakfast, bottle of rum, and free tickets to an attaraction (ex: sunset cruise or glass bottom boat tours), but you are NOT REQUIRED to go. Expect them to get upset and persistant in selling you a time share if you CHOOSE to go. All in all the beach was amazing!!! it was so nice and sandy with plenty of room to stretch your legs out, other hotels in this area had super crowded beaches so this was amazing. Just down the beach at the all inclusive resort we stayed at the beach was rocky and horrible, so Flamingo Bay's beach is amazing! The pool is amazing as well! It was one of the best pools I've ever been in. What is a little unclear is the pool hours, there is a misleading sign outside that says the pool is open until 6 or 7, but that just means the waterslide, the pool is acutally open 24/7. As far as 15% gratuity being charged, this is a pretty much island-wide trend, not soley at Flamingo Bay. Be prepared to spend a lot on food and drinks (or go to Port Lucaya and grab some cheeper booze from the duty free liquor store and put it in the fridge in the hotel room) here, and to go to Port Lucaya for some meals, or If we would have known in advance we would have stocked up from the grocery store and kept some food in our kitchenette, which came in handy. We hope to come back to Flamingo Bay again! It was amazing. Adrian just has a certain sense of humor, she is not really a drill sargent. And the rooms were fine, a little outdated in the bathrooms, but they were clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheun
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Let me start at the beginning. We pulled up in front of this place that we thought our driver had taken us to the wrong place. (I picked this for the pool for my son) It took over 45 minutes to check in. We had 2 rooms one for my handicapped parents which they were perturbed that they needed a ground floor room. They didn't allow them to check in until after 7 pm when the room was ready. My mom who needs a place to sit the lobby had 4 chairs all filled with people trying to get on the internet so she decided to take a walk to find somewhere to sit. She heard someone yell "Hey Stupid" she ignored thinking no one would be that rude sure enough they were talking to her to come back to the lobby. She was told that she could not run around the "resort" (I use that term lightly because it is not) When we stated that they defended the man who called her stupid. Rooms were extremely dirty, no towels and we found human waste in the pool . When complained about the room, pool etc. they were perturbed that we even would suggest that they had dirty rooms. Pictures are deceiving Pictures of the hotel are the "time share" area. The motel (I would refer to it as a motel) was an old building. We actually got to speak with one of the investors and he was quite shocked to hear that his staff would call my mother stupid and that his "HOTEL was in perfect condition". Asked again what our problem was but never fixed it. I would never return to this place even if it was the last available room in the Bahamas.

Room Tip: Only gave them one because you have to rate it.... Worth a BIG ZERO!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family