5,232 results
All reviews viva cafe animation staff nightly shows nachos lasagna dance lessons star resort kids club a la carte restaurants ping pong water shoes paddle boards bad reviews an open mind either direction banana bay white sand
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was part of a package deal and we are upset with everything about “the package deal.” But this review is for the hotel and Wyndham. The resort caters to italian travelers and the free activities are very well advertised to the Italians but no one else. Went to front desk and was told there were no free activities. No bingo etc. found out there was a nightly show “in Italian with some translation.” Went to show and they announced bingo winners!! There are also free pool and beach activities but they don’t advertise then to the Americans.
If you know what questions to ask and which member of staff who doesn’t hate all the guests you may find out the info. But to enjoy the trip I think it’s best to know what to expect.

Waiting til 3 for a room is ridiculous when you get delivered to the hotel before noon...& we had to get up at break of dawn to be herded to this hot hotel with NO customer service, no a/c. So the first day is basically wasted unless you keep a day bag with your swimmers and sunscreen so you can at least enjoy the pool or beach. Also pool closes at 8pm!!!!!!!

I asked one waiter in the buffet restaurant why all the workers were angry and he said it was because of the rude Italians. But it’s probably a mixture of things. I did see Italians being very rude AND treating the beach Like it was a DUMP. There was plastic EVERYWHERE!!! Every time I went to the beach I picked up a plastic bagful of trash. It seriously is not looked after and I will never stay at another Wyndham first of all because of their time share crap and second of all because they don’t look after the beach. It’s all about the money here. I would feel differently if all guests were told they had to do trash duty at the beach before they left the hotel or is someone would police the area for trash offenders.

I will research every activity next time I am presented with a “deal.”

Did enjoy the buffet...I do not think it was cheap. I think it was all done healthily and did have a Bahamian style as well as Italian style. My whole family looked forward to each meal.

The free drinks were ok. Just don’t expect top shelf. It’s free it’s included and these resorts are really there to give not much anymore and as their electricity bill or renovation budget is not high they could give a little better option on the quality of the alcohol.

Rooms were rooms. Smelled like mold but hey you are in the Bahamas!!! Do not go if you can’t deal with humidity or mold.

Would not recommend to very elderly or disabled people. The staff will not let you check in early and do not care if you are not prepared.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pankhursthub
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear customer,

We appreciate the time you dedicated to write your remarks about your stay at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Your review will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations.

We regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you at our resort.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

This place has horrible customer service, the food is horrible, and there is no a/c in the dining room. After getting my room Key the person at the desk didn't bother to tell me my bags needed to be picked up. After walking to the farthest building they have in the rain, I had to call to find out my bags where still up front. The beach and pool are nice. Bartenders where also very good. Would be a nice place if they could get decent food, and work on the service up front. After this trip I will never stay at another Wyndham property. Wyhndamn needs to slow down on the timeshare scam and get there property's in order.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jdboatman1

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent vacation at the Bahamas

We can assure you that all of our clients’ opinions are very important to us because it is the more reliable source of information to improve our services and facilities.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your stay.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Viva Wyndham. The resort is on the beach. We did not have an ocean view, but there was a lovely courtyard view. We were surprised with adjoining rooms which worked out well for our group. The rooms are dated. The bathroom was clean, we did have ants. We did not report this to the desk because we didn't want them spraying chemicals in the room while we were there. It was a short taxi ride to the market for shopping. The Buffet was good. We were disappointed that we could not eat at all three restaurants because they only allow 2 dinners for a 4 night stay. Thadeous waited on us at the Asian restaurants. I unfortunately forgot the name of our server at the other. Cleso and Shaquille were our favorite bartenders at the beach bar. The activities were plentiful. Paige and Brianna were our favorites, although we met many of the activity personnel. There was dancing every night and games by the pool by day. The shows were all very entertaining. The Dive Shop was an unexpected treat. The dive personnel were very professional. There was a place to wash and store your personal equipment. They had many dives to chose from. The boat left from the resort so no need to get a cab, or arrange for transportation. Mariano made sure that I was staying with the group, even adding extra weights while we were in the water because I was having a difficult time managing my buoyancy. He also gave me tips for improvement when we were back in the boat.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank angelabL7340CU
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear customer,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Your opinion is valuable and we will take your suggestions about the customer service into account.

We are glad to know that you had a great first trip to The Bahamas .

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We had a great time staying in the resort. Although the weather was bad we had a great time with all the activities organized by the hotel staff. The rooms could be a bit more updated but everything was clean. The food was good.

Date of stay: May 2018
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear customer,

Please accept a sincere apology for any inconvenience that you might have experienced during your recent stay in the Viva Wyndham Fortuna We appreciate the time you dedicated to write your remarks about your vacation. Your comments will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations.

It is our priority to satisfy all of our clients and we can assure you that we work every day with great efforts to optimize our services.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were very pleased and impressed with the the hotel staff, the beach, and the restaurants. Unfortunatey, we we left the resort very disappointed by the state of our room’s bathroom. The showers was overall dirty with mold in the corners. The chrome fixtures looked like they hadn’t been wiped down in weeks. The room itself was very “ok”. If not for the state of the bathroom, I would be writing a positive review about the resort not mentioning the room at all. When we first got to our room our door as well as others were already open. After seeing our bathroom, we peeked into a few others only to find them in a similar state.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear customer,

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.