“Be prepared to "go with the flow" and then some on this highly aggravating tour!”

H. Forbes Charter Services
Bahamas East End and Lucayan National Park Tour
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I took this tour with my 70-year old parents and I am 40. The tour got off to a bad start when we had to wait approximately 45 mins before the bus even arrived. When we boarded we were told that the mantra of the Bahamas is "go with the flow and ride with the tide." You have to be an extremely patient person to deal with this tour which apparently I am not, nor was most of the group with us. The caves were mildly interesting if you don't mind going down a rather treacherous spiral staircase (not really made for the older folks). The beach was gorgeous but there is no changing area so be sure to come with your suit on. The worst part of the tour was the Banana Bay restaurant for which the tour alloted an hour and 15 mins of time. We arrived and had difficultly finding a seat, more difficulty getting a waiter to wait on us, and ultimately we never got our food by the time we had to go back to the bus. This also happened to several others including a mom with a younger boy who never got to eat. If this wasn't outrageous enough, our tour guide Leonard was completely indifferent to our plight and this complete waste of time, and had the gall to bring his own container of food on the bus to enjoy for himself. When I complained about how we never received our food" was told "remember what I said at the beginning of the tour, go with the flow!" In a nutshell, this company had no regard for my time. This tour was a waste of money. I note that I travel quite a bit and have been on many of these types of tours and have never experienced such complete indifference to the needs of the customer. If you want to save yourself a lot aggravation do not go on this tour!

Visited December 2013

Lakewood, Washington, United States
“All tours were AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We just got back from spending a week at the Grand Lucayan and Forbes Charter has a booth setup in the lobby. They had a ton of tours we could do and they were running buses all day, so we never missed anything! We did the cave tour, the bonfire on the beach, the Dolphin encounter and the sunset dinner booze cruise. Everything was so nice and the people were so polite! Our son even got "limbo-ed" on the cruise! ( You'll have to do it to understand what I mean ;)) the people in the Charter office were very kind and no hassle. We told them what we wanted to do and they made it happen excellent service!!

Visited August 2013
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“needs updating”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We used H.Forbes for a beach bonfire and our driver was wonderful. The outside of the bus is very nice, BUT the inside could use some serious updating. Torn and ratchet as my daughter said, lol!!!! Did not use them for any tours so cannot comment on that. Over all was very good though.

Visited May 2013
Pictou, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Combination tour of Freeport, Bahamas”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The driver drove to various hotels and picked up patrons and delivered those who wished to return following the conclusion of the tour. The driver was polite but in my view provided insufficient information about the city and attractions. I did this tour on a previous visit to Freeport. Actually, the main attraction was the Garden of the Groves. Time here was limited and was led by a guide who gave an interesting history of the gardens,and provided information of the vegetation and wildlife as well as directed us to a small market place with various items.

We drove through the light commercial area, also the container port of Freeport; cruise ships and dry dock. Bell Channel Bay was interesting. There is a very nice restaurant here. It is interesting that here is where you go to watch the feeding of the sharks every evening around 7.00 p.m.

The remainder tour was at a liquor store, also an open air fruit and vegetable market.we were allowed out of the bus and appropriately bought various articles and food.

I like taking photos and since we remained on the bus the majority of the time, there was not much opportunity for this. He pointed out what If I remember correctly the Fortune Bay beach in the ? Eight Mile Rock area, a long stretch of beautiful white sand. It would have been nice to stop and take pictures. We drove through Millionaires Row but there was little enthusiasm from the driver.

Schools and churches were pointed out but not much cultural information. There are many unfinished houses. According to the driver this is how families build their homes that is no mortgages but pay as you go.
I was interested in the only hospital and a fairly good description was given, but the drive past was very quick.

There was not much mention of the canals. Port Lucaya market place could have been more elaborated on.There was a good account of the International Bazar and the Princess Hotel and casino which were all virtually destroyed during back to back hurricanes 2004 and 2005 and not reopened. The Int'l Bazar is making an attempt to reopen.
The hurricanes also destroyed Royal Oasis Golf Club and Casino. A development company has pulled out and other suitors did not lead to a purchase of these venues.

However, beyond bricks and mortar and the lack of an enthusiastic tour guide, Freeport is a wonderful place to visit.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dreamer328
rochester, new york
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Above & Beyond”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After going though immigration we spotted the H Forbes Charter Services immediatly, it was like they were waiting for us personaly. The driver new we had a few extra minutes before check in so he asked us if we would like to see the Port Lucaya Marketplace area and explained to us about the eating and shopping in this area, it was really helpful for return in the future.
The driver on the return to the airport was equily friendly and informative.
We will use them again for airport transfers and other excusions in the future.
Thanks for the pleasant start and ending to a nice vacation.
Kurt-