“A little piece of paradise”

Bertha's Blue Dinghy
Ranked #34 of 124 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Off the beaten path. Very small most people that revew it stayed at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Greatly deserves a review.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at a near by resort, nothing worth mentioning and as we decided to talk a walk on the beach I felt thirsty so we stopped in a little place called Bertha's Blue Dinghy well all I can tell you is that from that point on every single day until we left we went to see Ms. Bertha. It was my birthday weekend and my other half managed to coordinate the most delicious dinner for us. Ms. Bertha was so accomodating and sweet. We can't wait to go back. Highly recommended. A little piece of paradise you don't want to miss...

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We are former residents of Freeport, now residing in California, and have made numerous t trips back, mostly staying at Viva Fortuna. We were staying at Viva in September with six of our friends who had traveled from California and UK to join us to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. This was our first time to Bertha's. A beautiful walk along that beautiful beach and a awesome sunset. We were greeted by Bertha and her family who all made our anniversary evening so very special. Bahamian delight, lobster tails, peas and rice and coleslaw accompanied by the best fried bread we have ever tasted. We felt like we were "back home". Thank you so much Bertha. An experience not to be missed.

2  Thank parkgate
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the viva wyndham fortuna beach resort and discovered Berthas while walking along the beach. When I read the reviews other people wrote about her place, I have to agree with what they said..Berthas is not really fancy, but it's a comfortable beach stop.
Bertha is a very friendly lady who is very welcoming to all who come to her place. She's not in a hurry. her cooking is delicious, and we made friends there with a local that we still keep in touch with on facebook . :)

1  Thank Grasshopper7777
Reviewed March 29, 2012

fabulous location, a typical local bar right on the beach serving great local food . One not to be missed

1  Thank rosiekd
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Dining at this restaurant is a very special experience. The food is exceptional and the atmosphere can't be beat. Bertha's is nothing to look at from the outside, but you will be impressed by what comes out of that kitchen.

My husband and i wandered down from the Viva Wyndham one afternoon for lunch. I had read about this spot in some reviews i had perused. We sat for awhile waiting for them to return from church. A beautiful view of the beach and the sea... so it was easy to pass the time.

Not long after, Bertha's son and his son arrived back at the restaurant. He told us what they had that day and we ordered. No menus or prices given. I ordered the lobster, my husband ordered the grouper sandwich. Both were phenomenal! The lobster had a lovely coating and was fried. It was tender and sweet. 2 lobster tails and i ate the whole thing (with a heaping helping of fries). The grouper sandwich was also delicious and my husband loved it. We also got to try out some home made hot sauce. Spicy and very flavourful!

This place was one of the highlights from our trip. A definite must do if you are in that area. Lunch came to 30 something and was worth every single penny and more.

2  Thank island_girl8888