“Very Good Curry”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my first visit but will certainly not be my last! Excellent rating for service and the food was also at this standard.
Smiling, helpful staff who answered all the questions for my friends that were not too familiar with the names of Eastern Caribbean styled Indian food. As you enter the door you immediately get the aroma and memories of good Trini roti quickly came flooding back. The taste of the "buss up" aka paratha roti and curried chicken certainly did not betray those fond memories. They even had Mauby that was freshly made from the bark...none of that bottled stuff and Sorrel.
The staff are of Guyanese origin but have not lost their touch when it comes to curry, unlike some other establishments I have visited around the Caribbean. Dhalpuri and vegetable roti, rice and beans, BBQ, snapper and several other local dishes are also available, so you can easily understand my many reasons for return visits.
My only regrets are that I am only here for 1 more week and that I never found this spot on my 5 previous visits to Freeport.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good selection of local fare and juices. great flavours and seasoning. Had the chicken curry roti and I was stuffed. Still found room to split a guava duff though. Excellent sauce!.
You will need to be in the Freeport area or grab a taxi but it is worth it. Clean, friendly and good. Diner feel.
You order at the counter and can see the selections, they explain everything and will bring out when ready. Very reasonable pricing. Mostly filled with locals working in the area.

1  Thank MiamiFritz
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Cruzin' is fairly close to where I live, so I try to get there fairly often. I have never been disappointed. The food is laid out in steam trays and the owner and his wife are always ready to help you make a decision. The helpings are plentiful and always flavourful. The food is more Caribbean than Bahamian and that to me is its draw.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This restaurant is owned by a Husband and Wife team. As you enter the door, the staff stops whatever they are doing and greet you with a warm, genuine smile and welcome.
This restaurant serves Breakfast and Lunch only and they also delivers. The service is exceptional and Prompt.
I recently had the Escoveitched Snapper from Cruzin Cafe, it was served with Carrots and Indian Rice. This restaurant offers one of the healthier but tastier options on the Island.

2  Thank serviceac
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Just got back from lunch here and had such a good meal. Loved the curry chicken with cold slaw and the roti is out of this world.

In addition you will find no island time service. Service was wonderful and exceptionally friendly and welcoming. The cook came out to say hello and couldn't even shake her hand as I was too busy licking my fingers.

Will definitely be back.