“Awesome experience for everyone!”
Review of Pinetree Stables

Pinetree Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ultimate Eco-Tour on Horseback. A two hour trail ride from the top of Grand Bahama Island through five eco-systems including the beach and into the ocean. You will get wet! Ride the beautiful island born horses and hear the guides tell the story of Freeport and a brief history of The Bahamas from the time of the Lucayan Indians. Look for bush medicine plants; glimpse birds bugs and butterflies. Learn about Bahamian culture and a little horse psychology. Reservations are necessary Minimum rider age is 8 years and maximum rider weight is 200lbs Pinetree Stables is a cat rescue center. Not suitable for people with allergies!
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Absolutely loved this! I am an experienced rider and my husband is a beginner and we both had an amazing time. We even rode in the rain and it didn't dampen our experience. The guides were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, pointing out native vegetation and wildlife as we rode through the woods. We also loved hearing about the history of the Bahamas. And getting to ride into the ocean was just fabulous! I do recommend arranging your trip directly with the stables instead of the hotel/tour company because they charge extra.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is well worth the fun in the Sun at Freeport, Grand Bahama 's the guide's were special and made the day enjoyable and to ride in the ocean was very special.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I liked it, but the trail ride before the beach was nothing special. I would have rather just rode on the beach. Wear some sort of shoe that can get wet; you actually go in the ocean to the stir-ups. I had to ride barefooted because I didn't have shoes. The horses were pretty mild mannered and anyone who hasn't ridden will feel comfortable; they follow the horse in front of them.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I'd highly recommend it. We learned a lot about the Bahamas. We were towards the back of the line so Chris was our guide and he was like an encyclopedia! That guy knew a little something about everything!

I'm big into animals and loved how it was not only a horse stable but also a cat rescue of sorts too!! TONSSS of cats, everywhere! We saw 8 of the 41 I believe she said she had!

1  Thank LiveLaughLove123
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This was fun, and worth it. I highly suggest you go see Linda. One thing, if you have allergies to cats, take some meds. Her barn has tons that she's rescued, all friendly btw.

But learned a lot on the ride and had a great time doing it. Going in the water for my girlfriend was the best part. She had never been on a horse before and was very comfortable with her horse and the instruction given.

2  Thank Jeremy L