“the garden needs work”

$44.99*
Freeport Half-Day Tour
Ranked #2 of 60 things to do in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: Twelve-acre garden full of tropical plants and animals: one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I think I was here a few years ago, no more than 2 but the gardens were needing some help. I think one of the storms had caused some damage and overall I was not impressed for the dollar spent to view. I will go again to see if they have gotten things in order. I don't want to make it sound like not a good 1/2 day trip but I was expecting more...

1  Thank scdm100

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This small botanical garden takes about 30 minutes to see. A tour guide will walk you through the area and provide some tidbits of history or you can follow a map provided at the gate. It is a cute little garden, but there is not much to see that you won't see just moving about the island. Very few of the plants are identified with signs or placards which was disappointing and much of the park looks pretty run down. The highlight of the gardens is a picturesque waterfall good for your photo album. The entry cost was $15. The value was $5-7.

2  Thank JohnFord1963
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Although it rained during our stop here and we pretty much stayed under the umbrellas at the restaraunt, I would still recommend this to other travelers.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Over 30 years ago I brought my parents to Freeport in the Bahamas to experience the beauty of this charming island. One of my favorite memories was taking them to the Garden of the Groves to see the hibiscus, the quaint little chapel there and the view.

1  Thank PamGlinski
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a lovely place, but much smaller than what I expected. We did the guided tour and the guide was very knowledgeable about the all the plants and their local medicinal uses. She also made the story about the park interesting. We didn't see any wildlife really, just the garden's duck population and one hummingbird. I was expecting more flowering plants and trees, but we may have been there at the wrong time of the year for that. It was quite warm and there was not much of a breeze so bringing water is a good idea. There is a nice little restaurant on the grounds and several little shops to purchase souvenirs.