WINNER WONDERLAND

“Not too bad but needs help.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Islander

Royal Islander
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
“Not too bad but needs help.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice but needs minor repairs. If not done, things will only get worse. Safety is of concern based on no active phone in the rooms that work. This has been going on for some period of time. If you need the front desk or security, you have to walk up to the front desk. The rooms need little items repaired that are visible but not taken care of.

The resturant has a very limited menu due to lack of customers and is not real food but boxed and put in a microwave for some items. Not a bad breakfast special though.

Staff is very friendly and supportive. They do act on request quickly.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Great Abaco Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The price is cheap...the room not so clean.I stayed here before and will never go back the place is a mess and there is a club next door where there is always some party going on,we stayed one night and had to move the next day.if you're looking for a place to lay your head and worried if your sheets are clean this is the place for you

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mavysweets

Travelers are raving about these Freeport hotels

North America
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We found ourselves 'stuck' in Freeport while our boat was being repaired so needed a place to stay. The Royal Islander is basically a standard motel but the price was excellent and we found it to be well cared for and clean with friendly staff. It is located in the downtown area near the International Bazaar, which lacks much in the way of nearby restaurants or amenities. A restaurant on site serves a good breakfast at a very reasonable cost. There is a nice pool but the hot tub was not hot--not even lukewarm. A coffee maker in the room would have been a nice addition to the mini fridge. Free wi-fi was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Gatlinburg, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is my fourth trip to Freeport and my fourth stay at the Royal Islander. As you may guess by the fact that I keep coming back here, I am well satisfied with the property. They are not on the beach and therefore have a better price and are quieter. There are a lot of kids in Freeport now for spring break. But, the hotel is quite with just a few other guests, mostly couples. They have a great pool and hot tub. The restaurant is convenient and moderately priced. When you are ready to go shopping, dining, or to the beach, you can get a taxi for $14 one way to Port Lucaya.

Room Tip: A ground floor room is always my favorite.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gatlinburg, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

This used to be in a busy section of town. But now, most everything is shutdown around it. Howere it is still a very nice clean place to stay is you don't want on the beach. You can get a taxi to where all the action is happening, I have stayed here twice and I would do it agian.

Room Tip: I always stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Foxtrot-BandB
ressa23
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

i went to this hotel 5 years ago and it was nice and clean i didn't have no problem with it. because i was too late in booking my hotel at the raddison i took that hotel. my trip started off bad. i was suppose to arrived on thursday and because of bad storm in miami i had to wait until sat. i called the hotel to tell about my flight was cancelled and the lady tells me that she didn't have a resoration for me. i would have to call the next morning. i called the company and they told me that my resoration was done and they have reschedule to sat to wed. sat i get to the hotel i was told that they didn't have me on there list for a room. i told them that i paid for my room i had to give them my credit card for hold until monday until they can go in the office to see if it is on the fax machine. i was not going to let this stop me for having fun. i get to my room look ok and everything. later that night. i went to bed and woke up the next day my legs was itching. later that day my legs had big waps. that monday i went to the doctor with my friend and while she was her doctors office she ask her doctor to look at my legs and arms. he told me that i had bed bugs bite. he gave me a list of stuff to get and told me to tell the hotel. i went back and told the front desk and she told me that i had to talk to the manager and she switch my room. the next morning i told the manager and she tells me she never heard of that happen. it was like she didn't care. it's been over a month i still have big sores all over my legs from these bed bugs bites. all my friends that seen my legs said should sued them. i advise anyone not to go there. it's dirty. next time i am going to go back to the raddison in our lucauya i know they are clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ressa23
Southport, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I found the hotel to be clean, and the staff friendly. The location of the hotel is horrible. It is to far away from any of the attractions on the island, and the shuttle service to the beach does not run often enough.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple