“WIFI??? think again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“WIFI??? think again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am still on property, so I may change or update this post...The staff for the most part is a pleasant group. Quick check in and room in order. That being said this is a old facility that still appears to need lots of work. Iam in a renovated room so...new tile on floors, new kitchen, ect. The condo is large which is a plus, but some of the furniture is old, mixed with new, so you still know the age of the place. We have most everything you need in the kitchen for cooking ect so that is nice as well. One key issue is they advertise internet WIFI but for me to get on the internet I have to leave my room and get within 20 feet of one of the routers somewhere one the property...I have gone to the front desk now 3 days in a row asking about this and all I am told is they will have someone check on this...which to date is still not working...I use the internet to email back home and for phone service so this is a huge issue with me, I am paying for something and not getting it with little regard to my issue. I have stayed on this island for the last 6 years and never had issues with the internet so this place needs to man up and fix the problem, spent the money to get the job done correct or stop advertising that they have WIFI...and just for the record, everyone else I have talked to has the same issues..

1 Thank scdm100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 3 bedroom unit that was beautiful and the bed was great! Front desk was helpful, but Nellie the greeter was the best. Suggestions on where to go and how to get there. Taxis were extra, but the bus system was great. Inexpensive and not on a route. Took me all over for $2 to $10 and picked me up. Monday party was good, pool was perfect temperature. All in all, talk to the natives! Best advice, always helpful and always smiling

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank MelodyTher5370
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We just got back, and I have to say, they were fantastic! Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Nellie as a greeter was out of this world, can not say enough about how helpful she was! Wish I remembered the names of Front desk, as they were excellent too!
Use the bus system, as taxis can add up and the bus will take you to the same places for much less. Banana Bay is a MUST! The restaurant is open from 10 to 5 and you can lay out and soak in the view.

We were in the Penthouse room and it was beautiful! Wish we had a pick up on the room midweek, but we survived. The restaursnt on property was good, and supplies in room were very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Melody E
Brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Good:
The food is amazing
The service is great
The taxi man (Hayward) is a great resource for going around the town
The pool and hot tub are well kept
There's free shuttle service to the grocery store and beach, which is close to Port Lucaya

The Bad:
The resort caters to older people and yacht owners, so if you're younger than 40, it may be difficult to make friends you can hang with
The rooms are old and the resort as a whole could definitely use some updating

Overall, I went with my cousins. We ranged in age from 19-33, and we had a GREAT time because we made a point of hitting the clubs and the Port Lucaya. The resort is definitely more geared towards those 60+ and/or families, so if you're young and single like us, get Hayward to show you a good time!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of their newer rooms, which I believe are on the ground floor.
1 Thank Audrey B
Exeter, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was a little worried after seeing some of the other reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a 3 bedroom townhome that was recently updated with marble floors, modern decor, granite countertops, master balcony and terrace. We had 1 king, 1 queen, 2 twins and a pull-out sofa all of which was used and were comfortable. We had 8 people (including 3 children-10,8,5) in our party and everyone fit comfortably. We ate our meals in half the time and found the kitchen to be nicely appointed (although a nice roasting pan would have been nice). The resort staff was always friendly and accomodating; we even enjoyed bingo by one of the pools one day. We rented a minivan which was really old and used. It had a/c and enough room for everyone. The price was cheaper than other rental places, but the savings may have been eaten up by the $100 ($50 each way for 8 people) we paid both ways to the airport since they do not have shuttle service (would be a nice addition...)There are 2 pools (one could use resurfacing) and a hot tub (which is mostly useless because it is way hotter than any hot tub should be. There are 2 areas to eat. Ocean Blue is the main restaurant serving b/l/d and beverages (I recommend the Frozen Ocean Blue-Yum) and Esther's is run by a local woman (Esther) who makes excellent breads-banana, cinammon and white (order the day before because they are gone faster than she can bake them. Banana bread is almost as good as mine!! Overall we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A 2 minute drive down Coral Rd will get you to Coral Beach which was gorgeous. It is withing a few...
3 Thank Amy F
Apple Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place is the worst place to stay at, there was skin oils stuck to the tile in the pool, globs of hair, when you would be swimming you would get rapped up in it. The tiles in the pool and the one that lead to the spa where broken. While wali g o. The walkways you had to watch wear you walked because so e time you would find chunks of the little wall in the walk way. The walkway next to the bay had broken areas, which you could have tripped on and hurt yourself. There is a building jack hold up the second story walkway to the rooms, not very safe. The taxis that are stationed to that resort charge what every price they want to take you I to town. There restraunt/bar doesn't stay open long enough at night. The room next to mine the roof caved in. The bike that you can rent are all rusted and don't work very well. I will not recommend this resort to anybody. I also notified RCI of these conditions.

Sleep Quality
4 Thank Judy H

Travelers are raving about these Freeport hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The WORST resort I have ever stayed at.
The pool actually had algae growing inside the edges of the pool. Tiles broken and missing. During my stay 3 people cut themselves on the broken tiles. Oh BTW there were 2 used BAND-AID's in the pool for 3 DAYS after repeated requests to the staff to please clean the pool. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF THE FILTH AND DISGUSTING PROPERTY.
No linens changed or offered for change.
Ceiling in unit near us caved in during a storm.
"Decking" along the dock is broken and full of dangerous holes.
Staff is as uncaring as I have ever encountered.
Costs to do everything, and nothing is close. Cab charges whatever he feels like at any given moment.
I would not recommend this resort to anyone........
THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE