Went to Ocean Reef Yacht and Resort Club (ORYC) with my family (wife and 4 children, all kids were under 5 years old) from January 25th 2014 thru February 1st 2014. We stayed in room 416 which was a three (3) bedroom, all rooms were clean included a pull out bed in the living room. The rooms has two (2) twin beds in one, a queen in another and a king in the master. There were some minor cosmetic issues by the place was great for our family (one of the only places on the island with a 3 bedroom unit). We rented a 7 passenger van and visited the grocery store nearby which was near Port Lucaya. A ten (10) minute drive would get you practically anywhere on the island. Great location to stay!!
There was a FREE welcome party with drinks (Bahama Mamas) for all including punch for the kids. Local food was served at the party and it was amazing. We drove to local beaches and parks for the kids (less than 2 minutes away). The pool was always available for the kids to enjoy which was nice.
Miss Hattie was EXCELLENT as she ensure we knew where to go when we left the resort and the homemade bread from the pool bar was to die for (came out the oven hot and the kids couldn’t get enough).
WIFI was available and we had not issues with it. I would not stay anywhere else on the island when we return because if you have a car exploring the island is very easy.
There was a government tax of $103 when we checked out.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island