Stayed the 1st week of Dec. Rooms were clean, and appointed well. We had # 302 - a 2 bedroom w/ a balcony overlooking the marina. Both rooms had king size beds, and the living room was pretty spacious (pull out couch that we didn't use). There were some minor issues (broken cabinet door in the bathroom, pots/pans were not non-stick & VERY hard to clean, some mold/cracking on the patio, and a hard to open patio door), but overall it was a good location and place to stay.
We attended the free welcome party (couple of free punch/Bahama Mama drinks each & some good food), but avoided the timeshare "update", despite some persistence by the staff. Nice pool & hot tub, and another pool on the other side of the property. There are not a lot of activities at the resort itself, so I don't think I would recommend it for families w/ kids.
We mainly used the ORYC as a home base to explore the rest of the island, made some meals in the kitchen and picnics to take to the beaches. Other than the free welcome party, we did not eat in the restaurants here. They offer car rental, although we got one at the airport so we didn't have to pay for a cab to/from ORYC. Parking free onsite. There were a couple of cats hanging around, but definitely not obnoxious. They would sometimes curl up in the potted plants near the building entrance to sleep at night.
If you have a car, it is fairly easy to get to the grocery store, liquor store, beaches, etc. Did not take long to get used to driving on the left, and for the most part there isn't that much traffic. We drove everywhere on the island and never had any trouble.
Wifi was very iffy. Balcony was the best spot to get in. Could exchange your beach/pool towels every day and room towels twice a week. There is a energy surcharge - for a 2 bdrm it was $65 for the week.
Overall, if we stayed again on Grand Bahama Island, we'd consider staying here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island