I am not sure about the previous reviews that people have left. My husband and I have been going to Ocean Reef for 12 years. We have one of the penthouses but have also stayed in some of the other units. We have had one bad experience with a 3 bdrm townhouse but other than that the units have been remodeled in the past few years. The grounds are kept very clean. The pools do have some issues but so do most of the pools in the area. As for the person that suggested Island Seas, we also own there and it is the worse of the two. The location is great but the units are horrible. Housekeeping there is a joke. But that is another story altogether. We like being away from the tourist's and the beach is not far away. The lady that was afraid of the cats, yes there are pet cats at the resort but they do not harm you. As for the lizards, they will not harm you either. I have been going to the island for over 24 years and have yet to see a snake. My biggest fear is spiders and have only seen maybe 2 in all these years. I thank the lizards for that. If you are that afraid of cats, lizards, and snakes, I suggest that you stay at home. We love Ocean Reef, the staff is the best. We were there 4 times this year (2012) and will be going back as soon as we can. For those of you that don't like it, don't come back. Leave the beauty and the friendliness to those of us who appreciate it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Vacatia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island