We stayed here 10/8/11 through 10/15/11 in a 2 bedroom townhouse unit. Accommodations were clean and well maintained. There were 6 adults and we all had pleanty of space.The only complaint we had was the shower in the second bedroom did not work well. Beds were quite comfortable with memory foam mattress. View from balcony in master was great especially for sunsets.
The resort seemed to be well run with the exception of the restaurant/bar. We ate dinner there our first night and food was hit or miss. Chicken fingers were great but BBQ ribs and chicken specials were mediocre. Bar is quite slow.
One recommendation, skip welcome dinner as food was not good and only drink available was weak Bahama Mamas. Went to bar for other drinks and it took 20 minutes to get 2 drinks and 2 beers. Bartender could not figure out computer/register system.
If you want a drink go to Esters by the big pool. Her drinks are bigger, better and cheaper than the bar in the restaurant but only open until 4PM. Be sure to order some Banana bread from her. It is made to order so order it one day and she will have it for you the next day. All home made pool side.
Other than the restaurant I would recommend the ORYC as a great comfortable place to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island