“Gorgeous View and Great Drinks”
Review of Bell Channel Inn

Bell Channel Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
San Diego, California
“Gorgeous View and Great Drinks”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a little dated but has charm. The accommodations where ok but the view from the balcony was to die for. The room is spacious and has a vanity outside the bathroom which I loved. Ms Cleo was such a sweet bartender and that rum punch is nothing to play with. Food was ok also

They where very accommodating and let me check in early and gave me a late checkout

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nubbean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed May 27, 2014

am not sure how this place gets such high reviews, my experience was much different. Staff was friendly, but that all the nice things I can say, for the money this was the worse place on the island I have stayed The age of the hotel does not bother me, however the age of the mattress did. The mattress in my room was the type from a fold out sofa so it was very uncomfortable. The carpet in the room was worn out and dirty. Our room had not been updated for at least 20 years or more. If this room was priced $50.00 or less I would not have such issues, but at the rate they are renting for spend 10 to 20 more elsewhere and get a MUCH nicer experience. On a positive note the dive group that works out of this location was really great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank scdm100
BellChannelInn, Public Relations Manager at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear scdm 100,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Reviews are very important to us as they help us to grow and improve.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with your room. I wish we had been informed of this when you were here, so we could have had the chance to correct it by giving you another room.

Since your stay with us a year ago, we have made several improvements and I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you that Bell Channel Inn is a great place to stay for guests who are on a budget, want a nice, clean and spacious room in a quiet area, that's within walking distance to the beach and market place.

S. Stuart
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited the Bell Channel Inn on May 2, 2014 to May 4, 2014. Since we got there we were greeted with smiles, great attitude, fast check-in, complementary drinks (as a surprise because we didn't knew about that and it was not included in our stay) and transportation services. We also got to use their executive safe to keep our important belongings without any charge what so ever plus I had an issue with my card (American Express), I couldn't use it in most places, even in the casino to get cash from an ATM. The owner was more than kind to provide me cash and charge it to my card so I could have cash to spend outside. They're one of a very few places that accept AMEX in that area, no else! However, the experience we had at this hotel was phenomenal. The food and drinks at their restaurant are super great! Meet Clo at the bar! she makes the best Bahama Mamas I ever had! And if you go to Lucaya Beach, Jus behind the Police Station, there's a path that takes you to the beach and ask for Coconut Daddy (A.K.A. King-Kong) TRUST ME! YOU'LL HAVE THE BEST GULLY WASH INSIDE THE COCONUT MADE FROM SCRATCH. He's a very humble guy that will make your day! I won't tell more to not spoil the experience you'll have if you go there. Thank you management of Bell Channel Inn for your hospitality we'll definitely come back!!! Love, love, love!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a nice view!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mibsam V
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My partner and I were here for a week in April and were pleasantly surprised. From the outside, it didn't look like much, but the room was spacious, clean and had a wonderful view of the channel. The staff were wonderful and there was this delicious orange infused water up front. The only thing I'd suggest is for them to get a water taxi going because the market's literally right across the way via the water. Unfortunately, we were stuck taking taxis or walking. Other than that, great place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A S
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the Bell Channel Inn for a week in March. It is quiet, peaceful, charming and convenient. The rooms were clean and good sized. The restaurant upstairs has fantastic food, drinks and service. The hotel staff was incredible and went above and beyond to make our stay special. We loved every second and we definitely hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mallis2014
Dear Mallis2014,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is reviews like yours that motivate us to do even more for our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Bell Channel Inn on your next visit to Freeport!

Best regards,
S. Stuart
san diego, ca
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This is an adorable little place. Snuggled away off of Midshipman Ave. Lizbeth, the owner, is married to Presleigh, our dive master/ dive boat captain, also at the marina that the Bell sits on. We loved the diving with Presleigh, and his nephew Jerry, the food in the restaurant, the pool, the friendly maids; well, you get the idea. We slept at a friends timeshare but if solo on a return, this will b the place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank wahinisis
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My 4 rating takes in the convenient and well-run restaurant, prompt attention to requests, relaxed and friendly folks. Danish owner has been here 20 years. Well-kept if not spiffy new. It's a 20 minutes walk to amenities of Port Lucaya, Lucaya Beach, the Casino with USD ATM. Right next door is REdbeard's tavern run by Canadian. Good conch fritters and guava duff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QuakerRose
BellChannelInn, Public Relations Manager at Bell Channel Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear QuakerRose,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your visit to Freeport! We are so happy that you had a great stay! Thank you so much for your detailed review! Also, thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel. Our staff go above and beyond to ensure that our hotel is well kept. I love that you took the time to try our local dishes. Please come back soon!