We stayed here for a week. The place itself is nice (big rooms, swimming pool), but it's too far away from a decent beach. Therefore you need a taxi. If you want to go shopping, a taxi again. So, we ended up renting a car. And that you should go! That way you get something out of the island. Go to Gold Rock Beach and Paradise Cove. Stop in one of the villages and buy a fresh conch salad. Be a liittle bit independent. And get ready for high prices! It's not a badi dea to bring some basic food with you if you are an independent traveller. We've been to many places around this globe, but the prices here are just enormous.
We went diving with the diving center located at the hotel. It was good, not excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bell Channel Inn is a family operated hotel, run by 3 generations. It has once again achieved the prestigious " Certificate of Excellence" awarded by Trip Advisor for its 4 star rating reviews.Bell Channel Inn is a small hotel with 32 spacious rooms, equipped with air-condition, dining room area, cable T.V., free wireless internet access, telephone, refrigerator, hairdryer, alarm clock, daily housekeeping, private balcony with a view over the water and Port Lucaya or a direct exit to the pool deck and your choice of king size or double beds. Should you need: coffee maker, kettle, shampoo, iron & ironing board or a roll away, laundry service or maybe a cab or a shuttle to the beach, then just call the front desk and they will be happy to assist you.Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available at the front desk 24 hours-a-day and the tour desk assistant, Genie, will give you a welcome drink and an orientation after you check-in regarding how to get around and which tours are being offered and she might even be able to find a discount or two on selected tours! The lobby has been newly updated and fitted with a comfortable sofa and a TV so you can catch up on all the news or get a chat with the ladies in the lobby while you wait for a taxi. You will also find a safe at the reception for your valuables. Bell Channel Inn also has its own restaurant & bar/lounge known as "Upstairs" where guests can enjoy drinks in the "No Stress Zone" after a long day in the sun. Upstairs is located on the top floor and has a beautiful view over the water, it is open from 7:30am -11pm, with Happy Hour from 5p.m.-7p.m. There is LIVE entertainment on Friday nights. Upstairs is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a good selection of both Bahamian and American dishes - they are especially famous for the fresh seafood! Don't forget to pack your swimwear as this hotel features an outdoor pool and a free shuttle to and from the beach. Free wireless Internet access is also provided so you can check your in-box whenever you like! Other amenities include non-smoking rooms, air conditioning in public areas, currency exchange, beach/pool umbrellas and free parking.Located on the waterfront, Bell Channel Inn is a hotel in the area of Lucaya, Freeport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Bell Channel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Channel Hotel Freeport
- Bell Channel Hotel Bahamas
- Hotel Bell Channel
- Bahamas Bell Channel Hotel
- Bell Channel Inn Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island