I had the opportunity to stay at the Bell Channel Inn for about 5 nights together with my colleagues. Upon arrival we were greeted with ice cold orange water along with a BIIIG white
Bahamian smile. Instantly we all felt at home, and any request we had there after was dealt with
in a friendly manner. The rooms were large and clean, and all came with a fridge, A/C, TV, WIFI and if I remember right, a couple of hot plates, if you prefer to do your own cooking. The Balcony was large and overlooked the pool and the canal facing up towards Port Lucaya. The restaurant had a great menu and the bar was busy with Happy hour between 5 and 7pm. Next door was a popular sports bar called "Red Beard". We watched sports and had dinner there on a couple of occasions, so despite the 4-minutes drive from Port Lucaya, we never felt like being stuck at the hotel. If you SCUBA dive, there is an adjacent dive operation and boat located right on the premises. Parking was also easy. For the "75-100 $-category", I couldn't ask for anymore, in particular not considering the standards of some of the competing hotels in this price range. On a little different not, below I see a review going on about power cuts etc. First of all, we never experienced any of these, and I wouldn't hold the hotel reliable for that, as it is one of these things that just does happen in the islands. Secondly, had we had that issue, I would probably have disconnected my laptop, if it would have been a reoccurring event. The hotel's computers seemed to work alright.. So to add it all up, would I stay here again ? Absolutely, but even better with a rental car to get next-door to Port Lucaya at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bell Channel Inn is a family operated hotel, run by 3 generations. It has once again achieved the prestigious " Certificate of Excellence" awarded by Trip Advisor for its 4 star rating reviews.Bell Channel Inn is a small hotel with 32 spacious rooms, equipped with air-condition, dining room area, cable T.V., free wireless internet access, telephone, refrigerator, hairdryer, alarm clock, daily housekeeping, private balcony with a view over the water and Port Lucaya or a direct exit to the pool deck and your choice of king size or double beds. Should you need: coffee maker, kettle, shampoo, iron & ironing board or a roll away, laundry service or maybe a cab or a shuttle to the beach, then just call the front desk and they will be happy to assist you.Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available at the front desk 24 hours-a-day and the tour desk assistant, Genie, will give you a welcome drink and an orientation after you check-in regarding how to get around and which tours are being offered and she might even be able to find a discount or two on selected tours! The lobby has been newly updated and fitted with a comfortable sofa and a TV so you can catch up on all the news or get a chat with the ladies in the lobby while you wait for a taxi. You will also find a safe at the reception for your valuables. Bell Channel Inn also has its own restaurant & bar/lounge known as "Upstairs" where guests can enjoy drinks in the "No Stress Zone" after a long day in the sun. Upstairs is located on the top floor and has a beautiful view over the water, it is open from 7:30am -11pm, with Happy Hour from 5p.m.-7p.m. There is LIVE entertainment on Friday nights. Upstairs is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a good selection of both Bahamian and American dishes - they are especially famous for the fresh seafood! Don't forget to pack your swimwear as this hotel features an outdoor pool and a free shuttle to and from the beach. Free wireless Internet access is also provided so you can check your in-box whenever you like! Other amenities include non-smoking rooms, air conditioning in public areas, currency exchange, beach/pool umbrellas and free parking.Located on the waterfront, Bell Channel Inn is a hotel in the area of Lucaya, Freeport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bell Channel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Channel Hotel Freeport
- Bell Channel Hotel Bahamas
- Hotel Bell Channel
- Bahamas Bell Channel Hotel
- Bell Channel Inn Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island