Castaways Resort & Suites Grand Bahama Island
$116
$73
  • Pool
Dundee Bay Villas(Freeport)(Great Value!)
$153
Orbitz.com
$327
$144
  • Pool
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
$84
$189
  • Pool
Sunrise Resort & Marina(Freeport)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$142
$66
$135
$491
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights due to plane breaking in Freeport.

Plus:
Close to airport (less than 10 min drive)
Hotel has free wifi
AC worked well

Cons:
VERY outdated
Dirty towels in room
No restaurant in Hotel

Overall the hotel was very old and dated. The dirty towels in all my co-workers rooms as well as mine was gross.

The pool area was small but ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Canadawj
Natasha T, Manager at Castaways Resort & Suites Grand Bahama Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Good Day We appreciate all reviews. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay to the fullest. The Castaways Resort and Suites take pride in our customers and their concerns. If a guest has a complaint such as they dont feel the towels are clean we would love to know so that we can take care of it immediately. We do not put dirty towels in rooms and we are very sorry our towels did not meet your stamdards. We wish you give us another opportunity in the future so that we can fulfill your accomodation needs. We do have a restaurant on property THE FLAMINGO RESTAURANT that serves delicious breakfast and dinner open daily as well as a pool bar and grill.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel, both times on business. I doubt that there were more that a dozen guests on this night. The reception staff are friendly and efficient. My room was clean and comfortable. There were 2 beds, an old CRT TV and a fridge. The rooms do have a/c although I didn't need it. The bathrooms appear to have been renovated and are quite ok. Overall the room was dated but fine for my one overnight stay.
If I had booked the hotel for a vacation I guess I would have been a little disappointed, it is ok but just that. There are open but covered external walkways giving access to the rooms. Half the hotel faces the road and half a garden area at the rear although my end room had a nice view of a service yard.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisintheBahamas
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been attending meetings in the Bahamas for well over 30 years, and keep coming back to the Castaways.

The Caribbean as a whole has a laid-back, easy-going way of life, and the Bahamas is no exception. Hotels can be extremely expensive, especially from Christmas-Easter. This hotel has always been business-like, clean, and surprisingly affordable. I have stayed on this island, with some of the finest beaches and scuba diving for 30+ years.

It is not in a great location, being about 1/2 mile away from the beach, but they can get you a decent rental car deal (offsite) pretty quickly. Watch out for rental cars, which have the steering wheels on the wrong side! They drive on the left, but the cars are all made for the American market. Watch out for American tourists who are unsure where the cars should be!

The restaurant is not luxurious but food is fine, and ice-cream is wonderful!

Best weather and best value is usually Nov 1st - Dec 15th. It is too humid between Jun-Sep.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room, facing the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank David L
Natasha T, Front Office Manager at Castaways Resort & Suites Grand Bahama Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We at the Castaways Resort and Suites thank you for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Basic interior from 1982. Room was clean and the water hot. Staff only wants you to eat at the site restaurant. Don't waste your time.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank isogriffin
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Poor service in the restaurant-about 2 hours to get the regular dinner on my table. After my complaint to the information desk, all restaurant staff was informed about my complaint. I have been told that a manager will contact me the following day for follow up-never happened. Friends/relatives/etc came over in the restaurant to get food in the plastic bags. Poor food, different dishes for the same food , same table, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business