uJust got back from 4 days 4/29-5/3/04. The Pelican staff was above and beyond what I expected. When we were dropped of at the hotel I had left all our documents,tickets,personnal,ect.. in the taxi. OK now our vacation was ruinned, I thought. Leroy,the bellman, not only got us booked into our room, but the following day got all our paperwork back, and it was his day off!! Customer service 101!I can't say enough about this property. We have been to Sheratons, Hiltons,ect.. Pelican Bay is better. Away from the crowds at the Westin but, across the street. Yeah the food isn't cheap, that's what the market place is for right next door. Everything from $5-$50 meals. whatever you want to eat. I had the breakfast at the hotel a few mornings, but for a heartier meal went to Zorbas next door, $4.95. Eggs,bacon,sausage,pancakes you know american breakfast. The Sheraton and Westin Restaurants are good but $10-15 for a burger? Most dinner plates $30-40. Go to the market place. More selection and cheaper. All the excursions are at the market place. Fishing, Boose cruise, boat rentals, you name it. If you are leaving through PVD, RI. to Freeport, be prepared. We went through Grand Bahama Vacations, they are not prepared. We waited 2hrs to check in at PVD. Maybe everyone shows up at once, I dont know. Leaving the freeport airport was worse 3 1/2 hrs. They should get this figured out. Going through US customs and security was nothing compared to this. It's not the airport, it's a GBV problem. People taking regular usair, delta, could walk right through. Next time we will spend the $100. extra to do that and the taxi ride is only 10$. The wait was that bad. By the way after getting through and readdy to go home the flight was delayed 1 hr in freeport. GBV uses charter flights for the price so service suffers. And they dont care. Other than that go to the Pelican, relax, soak up some sun and enjoy it, its worth it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island