“Don't Go”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Don't Go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I had booked 6 nights at Pelican Bay and decided to leave after 2 nights and stay across the street at the Grand Lacayan and we're so glad we did! The reviews I read on Tripadvisor did not match my experience at all. Our hotel room was dirty, with filthy bathroom floor and mold growing on the shower curtain. The tv was outdated and did not get a clear picture. The slider lock was broken, and when we told the front desk they never showed up to fix it. The chairs on the patio were old, worn, and ready to fall apart. I did not feel comfortable staying any longer, even though we prepaid for 6 nights.
We spent the extra money to relocate to the Grand Lacayan Hotel Resort and we are so glad we did!
The hotel was beautiful and right on the beach. The rooms were spacious and they even upgraded us to an ocean view! We enjoyed walking from our room to the gorgeous beach or relaxing by one of its many pools. I have always used Tripadvisor in researching my vacations, but this time they were totally wrong. Please take my advice and don't stay at Pelican Bay when you can stay across the street for almost the same price!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, book a suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mgrieves

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Cardiff. South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my fourth holiday in Grand Bahama and every time I have stayed at Pelican Bay.
Rooms are spacious, clean and in good order. The staff are fantastic. Friendly and always ready to help in emergencies. Overall I rate it the best hotel on the island.

Room Tip: Waterside rooms have great views of the canals.
1 Thank funbunny1
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear funbunny1,

We are happy that you had a wonderful experience with us again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review, it is truly appreciated.

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We checked in here after terrible treatment across the road at the Grand Lucayan. We still had two nights to stay there but I couldn't take another minute.
So, we were pleasantly surprised by the staff at Pelican Bay. They were great and understood our situation. Evidently, many leave the Grand Lucayan especially when the A/C breaks.
The staff worked with us and even up-graded us to a suite which was spacious, clean and decorated nicely in an islands theme.
It was very relaxing there and we needed it after the other hotel ruined that part of our vacation.
The atmosphere is relaxed, beautiful and we enjoyed the pools. The restaurant/ bar is great. I liked their food and it was at a reasonable price. Probably he nicest one we ate at and the service was fast, not like many other places.
I recommend this to all. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Douglas P
Dear Douglas P,

We are happy that we were able to save your vacation from being ruined. We strive to ensure happiness guaranteed for all of our guests as we truly appreciate the journey you not only make to our destination but to our hotels. Although I am not an employee of Grand Lucayan I apologize on their behalf for the inconvenience they caused, especially having to relocate.

We thank you for your feedback and we thank you for staying with us. Should you decide to return to Grand Bahama in the future don't hesistate to book with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is better than the famous radisson if you love quiet but the rooms are not luxurious. They are big but clean. Front desk staff is friendly but not above and beyond friedly. It's a good value

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are pool view, but the rooms facing the bar has a little pond view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Magnetlife
Dear Magnetlife,

It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations; however good or bad we appreciate your review. We take all reviews very serious and use it as tool to continue to work on improvements.

All the best

Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My trip was organised staying at Pelican Bay. When I arrived it was breathtaking. I ws treated with the a friendly staff. On entering the suite I was taken back, because of the spacious room and the comfortable bed. Suite 137 was just perfect. What was so amazing the muffin and fruit everymornig. What I like the bedroom was that I did not even know it was morning, with darken curtains. This is my hotel every time I visit Freeport. By the way, Freeport was fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bahamas1960
Dear Bahamas1960,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Sounds like you thoroughly had a wonderful experience in our stateroom.

We are really thankful for your review and we appreciate the time you took to give us feedback.

Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pelican Bay is a nice hotel with very service minded front desk staff. But please always avoid hotels who charge a fortune extra for internet access. Pelican Bay charges 12 dollars pr day pr device. So if you are a couple with 2 phones, an IPad and a laptop your looking at an extra charge on your room of 25%. Always book hotels with free internet !

4 Thank Terje S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay was awesome! I was greeted by Kearah Laing who attentive to my needs and concerns. She went above and beyond in customer service and customer satisfaction. My suite was amazing! Very clean and came was everything we needed. Salario Cooper was very helpful and i really enjoyed his humorous personality. Even though i was told by the cruise line that there was nothing to do on the property, there is the Sabor bar and restaurant located on the property. The staff was very friendly. The bartender Harvey made and named a drink after me "Nisha's sneak up". It was awesome! A must try!! I love this hotel and i will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013