My husband and I had booked 6 nights at Pelican Bay and decided to leave after 2 nights and stay across the street at the Grand Lacayan and we're so glad we did! The reviews I read on Tripadvisor did not match my experience at all. Our hotel room was dirty, with filthy bathroom floor and mold growing on the shower curtain. The tv was outdated and did not get a clear picture. The slider lock was broken, and when we told the front desk they never showed up to fix it. The chairs on the patio were old, worn, and ready to fall apart. I did not feel comfortable staying any longer, even though we prepaid for 6 nights.
We spent the extra money to relocate to the Grand Lacayan Hotel Resort and we are so glad we did!
The hotel was beautiful and right on the beach. The rooms were spacious and they even upgraded us to an ocean view! We enjoyed walking from our room to the gorgeous beach or relaxing by one of its many pools. I have always used Tripadvisor in researching my vacations, but this time they were totally wrong. Please take my advice and don't stay at Pelican Bay when you can stay across the street for almost the same price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island