My girlfriend and I just returned from Pelican Bay last week and had a wonderful time while we were there. The resort itself is very nice and clean and is in a great location between Our Lucaya Resort and the Market Place. There was always pleny to do and we didn't find ourselves staying in the room much. The staff at Pelican Bay wasn't overly friendly but did get us anything we requested. Some staff members were more helpful than others but it's like that anywhere you go. That's just a fact. The best meal that we had was at the Ferry House which is right next to Pelican Bay Resort. The menu is pricey, but the food was excellent.
Overall, we felt that Pelican Bay was a very nice place to stay and wouldn't mined going back again someday. If you need suggestions on things to do while in GBI or any questions pertaining Pelican Bay or the area it is in, please send me an e-mail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island