“Not luxurious”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Freeport
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not luxurious”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is better than the famous radisson if you love quiet but the rooms are not luxurious. They are big but clean. Front desk staff is friendly but not above and beyond friedly. It's a good value

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are pool view, but the rooms facing the bar has a little pond view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Magnetlife
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Magnetlife,

It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations; however good or bad we appreciate your review. We take all reviews very serious and use it as tool to continue to work on improvements.

All the best

Della Bridgewater
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My trip was organised staying at Pelican Bay. When I arrived it was breathtaking. I ws treated with the a friendly staff. On entering the suite I was taken back, because of the spacious room and the comfortable bed. Suite 137 was just perfect. What was so amazing the muffin and fruit everymornig. What I like the bedroom was that I did not even know it was morning, with darken curtains. This is my hotel every time I visit Freeport. By the way, Freeport was fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bahamas1960
Dear Bahamas1960,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Sounds like you thoroughly had a wonderful experience in our stateroom.

We are really thankful for your review and we appreciate the time you took to give us feedback.

All the best,

Della Bridgewater
Operations Manager
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pelican Bay is a nice hotel with very service minded front desk staff. But please always avoid hotels who charge a fortune extra for internet access. Pelican Bay charges 12 dollars pr day pr device. So if you are a couple with 2 phones, an IPad and a laptop your looking at an extra charge on your room of 25%. Always book hotels with free internet !

4 Thank Terje S
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay was awesome! I was greeted by Kearah Laing who attentive to my needs and concerns. She went above and beyond in customer service and customer satisfaction. My suite was amazing! Very clean and came was everything we needed. Salario Cooper was very helpful and i really enjoyed his humorous personality. Even though i was told by the cruise line that there was nothing to do on the property, there is the Sabor bar and restaurant located on the property. The staff was very friendly. The bartender Harvey made and named a drink after me "Nisha's sneak up". It was awesome! A must try!! I love this hotel and i will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Tanishia
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband organized our trip to Lucaya which included staying at Pelican Bay. My jaw just dropped when we pulled up out front. I couldn't believe that we were staying at this beautiful hotel. I loved all of the tropical colors along with the fantastic landscaping that included beautiful flowering plants. The staff at the front desk were great. They recommended things to do and places to see that we may have missed out on had they not told us. Our room was very clean, spacious and just simply perfect! We loved our poolside time which was right by the fantastic Sabor restaurant. Their drinks and mouth watering food was incredible right along with the staff. The lobby at Pelican Bay provided treats each day ranging from sunmade tea to wine and sandwiches. My husband was inquiring with the lobby staff about a library or book store in the area because he was in need of another book to read. This wonderful gal borrowed him the book she was reading! Now that's above and beyond :) We won't have to hunt around for another place to stay on our next trip to Lucaya because for us there's no other place to stay. Thank you Pelican Bay!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad place. I believe they have 190 some rooms to choose from.
1 Thank Meg R
REDWOOOD CITY CA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are no words to describe our stay at Pelican Bay Resort. We were treated with the utmost respect and were cared for by all the staff. The rooms are spacious and our bed was very comfortable. The Sabor restaurant has great food and the bar lounge will take care of your thirsty appetite. The location is the perfect walking distance to Port Lucaya Market Place where you can buy souvenirs and eat at other restaurants. Unfortunately the water Taxi that takes you to Taino Beach was not operating, but the Pelican Bay Resort had a taxi available for you any time you wanted to go to the beach. The taxi driver was superb and gave you a cell phone to use to call him to pick you up at any time you wanted to, to come back on "your time". The driver was Adrian Martin and I would use him for all your transportation needs. I want to give thanks again to all the Management and Staff and especially to:
Vandyke, Harvey, Samara, Glenise, Deandrea, Princess, Security Manager Yvette and Manager Andrew who were directing these wonderful workers. We will back soon. Don't pass up this resort if your staying in Freeport Grand Bahamas your missing your dreams come true!

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd, 4th, floors excellent views. Bathroom great, spacious room. Maid kept the room very cl...
3 Thank HILTON59
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife loved it. Once we moved into a nicer room I liked it better.

Room 127 was perfect for us.

The place was empty. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves.

The Sabor restraunt was excellent. Staff was very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business