I stayed here for a short business trip. It I rated by this site as #2. It is like a two star hotel in America. It was not cheep but pricy at over 150.00 per night on a Monday. Nothing special about this room. Few guests were staying here. I selected this place because it showed pictures of a lap pool and a fitness center. After checking in I could not find either. I asked and was told there was none. Later I found out from another staff when pressed, that the gym and lap pool was located at a nearby resort and for an additional fee I could probably use it. I never went to the other hotel to check this out. This place is over rated so don't expect anything nice. They don't have all of the facilities claimed.
There was also dirt in the corners where it is hard to mop or sweep floors. I'm talking about caked an loose dirt. It did not make me feel very comfortable. The TV's are old tube style 19 inch size. I had one of those in my bedroom in the 80's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island