Arrived at Freeport Grand Bahama on 20th October 2007 from London UK. Had never been there before so did not know what to expect. My sister had lived there 30 years ago so she was eager to see it all again. Picked up at the airport by taxi who took us straight to Pelican Bay Hotel. Checked in with no problem staff were very friendly. Great room with waterway view.
Breakfast at this hotel is good cleanliness is first class. Swimming pools are fabulous SABOR restaurant was very good but a little expensive. Food was good though. Port Lucaya is
perfect. Taino Beach superb but the Taino Beach Restaurant
was not a good experience. Food was disgusting and quite expensive. Don't eat the steak there as it is as tough as old boots. The Bahamian people are wonderful. The Rum Runner Bar was great. Good atmosphere. Food good also. The beaches are superb it was just like on the holiday brochures. White sand
and aqua sea. Loved it and hope to go back again next year but will take my husband next time.
Congratulations Pelican Bay and Port Lucaya for giving us a wonderful holiday. The first one in over 30 years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Grand Bahama Island's most hospitable hotel, the Pelican Bay is a joyful mix of colorful Bahamian architecture and the finest guest service in the Caribbean. Unique waterside rooms and waterside state rooms enfold you in comfort, while offering special guest touches. Renowned standards of hospitality and attention to guest happiness assure you of a memorable stay in the Bahamas.Part of the Pelican Bay experience is located within steps of your room. In addition to our waterfront Sabor Restaurant and Bar, more than 30 restaurants, bars, shops, live entertainment, the Dolphin Experience, scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea fishing trips are a short stroll away.Immediately across the street are two miles of white sand beach, a full service spa, four "Grand Slam" surface tennis courts and a casino. All this is the happy Pelican Bay experience, one you will remember with fondness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pelican Bay at Lucaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Hotel Freeport
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Freeport
- Pelican Bay Lucaya
- Pelican Bay At Lucaya Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island