“Grand Bahama Island Regatta”
Review of Taino Beach

and up
Freeport Bonfire on the Beach Bahamas Style
Ranked #9 of 64 things to do in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: Lovely beach, known for its remote stretches of sand.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The 19th, Grand Bahama Regatta was held on Taino Beach Grand Bahama Island this past Friday & Saturday.. It was Great! From the Junior Sailing to the 'C' Class Races. I must say that all who attended could say that they had an amazing time there on the Beach! Friday Night Bahamian musician Wilfred Solomon performed he had the crow on their feet dancing! The New Wave Dancers also gave us a treat with song and dance movements, it was truly a wonderful Bahamian experience for the locals as well as visiting guests. Another local Bahamian Singer 'Stileet closed down the beach with another awesome performance! he even gave us a taste of his new release!...
Saturday.. wow, the beach was crowded, families out swimming, enjoying the nice sunny day, persons were out watching the sailing, kids playing on the play ground. oh and the entertainment line-up was superb! the ever sexy Ms. Veronica Bishop, and D-Mac... oh boy I danced from start to finish.!!! What more can I say but other than that I am looking forward to next year! which I know will even be bigger and Better!

2  Thank Sherry S
in 13 reviews
"resort"
in 82 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We did a shore excursion where we cooked on the beach, this by far was the best experience ever. We cooked conch fritters, cracked conch, pigeon peas and rice, potato salad, and watch conch get pulled out of the shell and a fresh conch salad be made all on the beach. The cocktails were amazing, the food was authentic and delicious, and the experience was phenomenal.

1  Thank Kameshia C
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A diamond in the rough!! This beach is off the beaten path with lots of cool places to see and visit.(Smiths Point) is part of the Island which is quiet with lots of warm wonderful people and great food.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Normally, my travels are designed to AVOID the beach. Whereas most men have a well-defined six-pack they love to show off, I sport a full keg around the middle and avoid baring my skin at all costs.

My trip to Taino Beach, booked through Carnival Cruises as a full day excursion, was much more enjoyable than I'd anticipated.

The beach was clean, white, and the sand felt silky under my feet. While I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough sun chairs to accommodate the large crowd, the beach is long and there are more than enough chairs and umbrellas for all. All of our bags, towels, and items were safe while we swam and no one touched or moved them to take our chairs. In fact, the crowd was pleasant, friendly, and we were comfortably at ease the whole day. In fact, while there were many hard-bodied twenty-somethings... there were more families with children and adults who, like me, proudly paraded their abdominal girth without a care in the world.

There was an open bar, free non-alcoholic beverages, and a buffet with the package we purchased. While we did each drink a rum punch, we stuck to the lemonade. The buffet was pretty good, kept full and clean, and we went back several times for seconds, thirds, etc.

So, after my previous anxieties had melted away, I began to just enjoy the day as it was meant to be enjoyed. I especially loved standing in the surf and feeling the soft, smooth sand wash slowly out from under my feet. A great day, indeed.

6  Thank etherius