“Snorkeling”

and up
Freeport Snorkeling and Catamaran Cruise to Peterson Cay National Park
Ranked #15 of 60 things to do in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: Located a mile off the mainland shore, this small, often deserted island is a relaxing place for snorkeling and viewing birds.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very nice snorkeling just a 15 min boat ride from the Viva Wyndham! Lots of corals and fishes. We even saw a very large Eagle ray.

1  Thank ginuska

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a quaint little island. The water was quite shallow there but it was a nice place to get comfortable in the water.

2  Thank AngelScott
Reviewed March 26, 2013

You can snorkel around the entire Cay (which is a National Park) and BBQ or picnic. Bring your own food and drink.

1  Thank KarenClarke5
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Every time I visit family I. Freeport, we head out to Peterson Cay and anchor off shore. I have never seen another soul out there the times I have gone... Just pure luck, I guess!

We snorkel in... Lots of interesting things to see.. On island, it makes great beach combing... Watch out for the hundreds of hermit crabs of various sizes!!

One side of the island has some great reef snorkelling with a multitude of species, and so e magnificent brain corals... Just watch out for the fire coral. We were fortunate to see a few barracuda and a nurse shark this time around. Truly a special place!

1  Thank kerlyranoakville_ON
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I can't emphasize how satisified I was with Shami and his team.

They greated us promptly when we got off the cruise ship - all 15 of us (4 couples, 7 children - ages 12 through18).

They got us underway to our destination - even allowing us a quick stop to pick up "refreshments" at a local store. We got there, got geared up and took kayaks out to our private island. After sunning/snorkeling for a while, we got back in the kayaks and headed back.

We drove to Banana Bay for lunch. Great food - AWESOME location. We didn't want to leave. The tropical drinks, the sun. When I had set up the trip - I had mentioned it was a combination Spring Break and my daughter's 18th Birthday. Never thought any more of it. Until right before we were leaving the restaurant. Shami (who wasn't even our guide that day) showed up with Birthday Cake from a local bakery.

Above and beyond customer satisfaction in my book. I won't hesitate to refer others to Shami and his crew.

I also won't hesitate to book another Eco Adventure with them the next time we are in Freeport. Drop him an email - you won't be sorry!

Calabash Eco Aventures is AWESOME!

13  Thank Joe Y