“Great diving at reasonable prices”
Review of Caribbean Divers

Caribbean Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Caribbean Divers is a small dive operation in Freeport, Grand Bahama, located on the premises of the Bell Channel Inn hotel. Our Professionally Trained Dive Staff has more than 30 years of experience which enables them to guide you through the natural wonders that lie just offshore. All dive sites are just a 5 to 10 minute boat ride from our facilities. Our full service Dive Center is open seven days a week 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We offer resort-classes as well as scuba diving certification courses. Our facilities provide dive packages, underwater camera, equipment rentals, snorkeling trips and private charters.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We dove with Caribbean Divers and had some of the best diving ever. An added benefit is that this is a locally owned business

5  Thank LegaldivaLV
There are newer reviews for Caribbean Divers

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just had a great experience diving with Jerry and Presley. Presley ran the boat and Jerry was the dive master. My wife is a very nervous diver and she really appreciated the relaxed, no rush experience of Caribbean Divers. We completed two shallow dives (50' or so) that were both filled with aquatic life and a number of sharks. With the personalized attention at Caribbean divers we felt like much more than a simply a dollar sign. I will skip the fancy boat any day to have an enjoyable experience where I don't feel herded through the dives like cattle. Highly recommend these guys to divers of all experience levels.

5  Thank travelbug33388
Reviewed September 20, 2012

For most American tourists, getting past the extremely laid-back (sometimes apathetic) attitude of Bohemians is difficult. If you're one of these 'perfect-people', the Bahamas in general will get on your nerves. For the rest of us who choose to go-with-the-flow, it can be the ultimate in relaxation. With that taken into account, all I can say is WOW regarding this dive shop/crew.

Get yourself a ride to the Bell Channel Inn in Port Lucaya on the southside of Freeport, Grand Bahama, to find this unassuming (no signs) dive shop. We found the owner/operator, Presley Knowles, upstairs in the grill at the bar in the hotel (dive shop was closed & locked). I should say he was not drinking - we had called to book with him in the am so he knew we were coming! So, he has us come to his little shop (NOT stocked with scuba retail/souvenier crap) in the hotel parking lot and sign the papers to dive then we wait at the hotel dock while he and his Dive Master, Jerry, get everything ready.

A very short boatride out to the reefs - 10 minutes max - and we were diving! These guys are both awesome - very efficient with the gear & getting us in the water fast. Presley only had to look at me to give me the proper (perfect) weights; Jerry dove with us and toured us around the reef. Our first dive of the day, I was surrounded by so many yellow snapper that I was literally BLINDED - I had to 'swat' them away so I could see! Great visibility & tons of beautiful reef fish!! For our second dive, they asked if we'd be interested in diving with sharks. Well...we weren't planning on that...and other dive shops have special shark dives for which they charge extra. We said OK - let's do it. Being fairly new at diving, this was a real adventure for us. We've seen sharks before but never like this. We were diving what they call "Shark Junction" and we were surrounded by about 6 6'-10' reef sharks! Jerry motioned for us to get low and keep hands in while they circled us, swam up behind us and came within inches of me!

***Their price was fair; the value for what we got was extraordinary.***
Presley & Jerry were ultra-cool dudes (both very HOT I might say) and very experienced divers. And a great plus, we met some very cool people on this dive. There were only 5 of us diving too - not a crowded, stupid cattle-boat. We cant wait to go back to Grand Bahamas. I read all the other reviews of people who have gone with these guys over and over and now I see why. They really offered up the Primo Dive Experience.

PS. We found them by accident, referred to us by another dive shop which wasn't diving that day. We took a chance. TRUST - YOU WILL LOVE.

PSS. While waiting to dive, we went to the grill and spent about $5 for a grill cheese with fresh french fries and a coke. Very good and what a deal! Then we walked around the dock, peeking into the dockside rooms - it was after checkout and they were cleaning. It is NOT fancy by any means, but looked very clean and comfy. There were 3 levels that all opened out to the water; the upper levels had balconies. It looks like a good place for divers on a budget!

3  Thank Suzi Q
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I would dive here a million times a over! My boyfriend and I came in January and he was newly certified. Presley and Jerry were excellent. They set the gear out for you, hook it up, and by the time you hit the water, you basically just need to put on a mask/snorkel and hop in for an amazing dive. The prices were incredibily reasonable and I will definitely return next time I am in Freeport!!

4  Thank SurfSandSun06
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have gone diving with Presley Knowles' Carribean Divers (CD) on three trips to Freeport. On every outting, I have been treated each time with professionalism and personal attention. I have been out with other operators but these guys treat me like family. Safety is paramount with CD. The groups are small. My last time out with them was July 2010. The ratio of divers to divemasters/instructors was 3 to 1.

On one occaision, the group I was scheduled to go out with cancelled. Presley personally call other operators he trusted to make sure I got my afternoon dive in. Packages are reasonable. The boat was comfortable. Presely and his boys are knowledgeable about the sites you dive and the aquatic life. I did not feel like just another number. As a solo diver, they never allowed me to feel like the odd one. Oddly enough, folks at my old dive shop knew of Caribbean Divers.

Caribbean Divers have picked me up and dropped me off at the resort I was staying.

Lunch at Bell Channel is always a treat after the morning dives.

There may be fancier operations but Caribbean Divers is my shop on Grand Bahama Island.

2  Thank jazzyd13