“Good service and very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of After Deck

After Deck
Ranked #85 of 120 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bahamian, American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The After DeckBar & GrillPort Lucaya. The Best Food In Grand Bahama! When in Grand Bahama, enjoy it's casual dining experience. Their menu features a mix of Bahamian, European and American dishes, prepared by world famous chefs, with mouthwatering seafood dishes, such as Stuffed Grouper, Coconut Cracked Conch and Whole Snapper. Group Info: With a seating capacity for eighty people The After Deck Bar & Grill is well equipped to handle all of your group's culinary needs. Open from 7am until 11pm daily. Located in the heart of the Port Lucaya marketplace, across from the Our Lucaya Resort and the Isle of Capri Casino.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service and very friendly”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Had breakfast their. The service was quick and they take credit cards. The coconut french toast was very good.

1 Thank Blackde

Sanford, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly faces, great food!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We shopped around for a great restaurant and noticed that most of the crowd was here. Our waitress Genetta was awesome. I wanted something different so I got the eggplant with greek salad, my friend had the conch chowder and calamari. They were all good choices. Would go back again.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank ddeewilliams
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant and drinks for breakfast or lunch, good value and service, amazing food and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Took a cruise to Grand Bahama Island and my boyfriend and I walked around the port trying to find a good restautant to eat at and the servers asked us to come in let us see the menu and let us order lunch even though it was still breakfast time. Everything was great including food, drinks, price,staff..etc. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank hcarver
Montreal, Canada
“The Best Food and Service on Grand Bahama Island!”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The After Deck has great food and fast service. Ask for Jody as your waitress - She's a true Bahamian Princess!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank LMC025
Roanoke, VA
“Worst Restaurant Experience EVER!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

My husband and I ate here for lunch when our cruise ship ported in Freeport. I cannot rate this restaurant low enough. We were told to try the conch fritters while we were on the island and this was one of two restaurants that served them. We arrived around 2pm to get a table for lunch.
We waited inside the restaurant for 5 minutes with staff members walking all around us and never speaking to us. My husband finally decided we should seat ourselves, so we found a tiny table in the outside seating area. The seating area was cute and it was nice to be in the Bahamas for lunch - other than that, there are no positive things to say about this lunch.
We waited 5 minutes for menus or a waitress to even speak to us. Once placing our order, it was over 20 minutes before we even received our glasses of water. This was after asking the waitress if we could please have them and her snapping at us and saying "I'm getting them!"
Our conch fritters were brought to us freezing cold. I took one bite and they tasted like rubber. We grabbed the waitress to tell her (She never ever checked on us the entire visit - if we got any help it was by calling out for her as she passed). She scoffed and rudely placed her whole hand on top of the fritters, as if doubting that we were being honest. She left without a word and a couple minutes later she returned and slammed a new plate of them down on the table and briskly left. They were not very good at all and I would never order them again.
There was one other waitress serving people outside and she also seemed to have a bad attitude. After leaving a few of her tables, she was heard mumbling under her breath and complaining about the patrons within earshot of them!
The fish and chips we got decent, but overpriced at more than $12 for 3 pieces of fish a few french fries.
I had to grab the waitress again for a refill on our empty water glasses - keep in mind it's 80 degrees outside and we have been walking around in the hot sun all morning. She brought back lukewarm water with a huff.
We were ready to go immediately and had to grab the other outdoor waitress to get our check brought to us after sitting around for another 10 minutes with our own waitress never checking on us.
We went inside to pay and the two women at the counter were very rushed and rude and confused and tried to give us wrong change. When we told them, the one got mad at us, like it was our fault!!!
I had quite enough of this place and asked the lady behind the counter if they were short-staffed or having a bad day, because the service outside was terrible and when we arrive inside, it hasn't improved. The woman only argued with me and there was NEVER an apology spoken. What makes it all worse is that an automatic 15% gratuity is added on to the bill, so you can't tip them any less AND they have no drive to provide good service because they will get their tip no matter what!
It is unbelievable to me that this place is still in business and that anyone has given it good reviews...
To sum it up - worst servers EVER, terrible food for inflated prices and rude management.

• Visited April 2011