“Cool decor but not so great service or value”
Review of WIlly Broadleaf

WIlly Broadleaf
Ranked #35 of 120 Restaurants in Freeport
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Cool decor but not so great service or value”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We chose to eat at Willy Broadleaf because 1) Tripadvisor.com mentioned it as a great breakfast buffet 2) It was near the water of Our Lucaya and Radisson resorts 3) It had a cool name.

The best thing about Willy Broadleaf was the atmosphere/decor inside. The whole place is decorated like an African safari and some tables are surrounded by tenting. VERY COOL! The food was okay but definitely not worth money. No buffet this time of year I guess and there were MANY people that were looking for the buffet who were disappointed.

The menu for Sunday morning was:
Each breakfast is served with one glass of orange juice and a pot of tea or coffee. 15% gratuity included (I've attached the photo so you can see for yourself but its a short menu)
Continental Breakfast $12
Eggs your way $15
Buttermilk Griddle Cakes $13 (*this is what my friend had and she said they were good but the pancakes were tiny)
Coconut French Toast $14 (*this is what I had, they were good but not $14 worth of good, both were served with two strips of bacon, two sausages and a tiny piece of watermelon)
Manor House Omelet $13
Steak and Eggs $22

I would not recommend or go again. The decor was really cool so if you are staying nearby and wanted to stop in and check it out, that would be the most I would recommend.

1 Thank Phykos

Buffalo, NY
“Stay away!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Why anyone would travel and eat at any buffet amazes me! The first time I went to Lucaya, it was part of the all inclusive, and also served dinners. Dinners were worse than the overpriced breakfasts. Unless you are seriously into gluttony, take a walk across the street and have a normal breakfast for less than half the money. From what I can see with Our Lucaya, their all inclusive, at least for the Sheraton (now Reef Village), isn't worth the bother or the expense. If you can afford the Westin (now the Raddison), why would you eat cheap buffet food at these prices? Take a walk across the street, and for $45 a couple I assure you, you'll be more than full and much happier with what you're filled with.

2 Thank JC7071
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We went to breakfast here every morning during our stay at the Westin. A little bit of everything for all ages: cereals, bagels/toast, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, quiche, and made to order eggs and omlets.

Service was mixed. Some morning the server gave you a drink/coffee and you never saw them again. Other mornings I thought they were going to pull up a chair they were at the table so often!

The price was not bad either ($12). Maybe not a bargin to some from the US but in the Bahamas this is pretty reasonable!

1 Thank 1smartblonde
Jamesburg
“About what you would expect”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Willy Broadleaf is the buffet style restaurant in the Westin at Our Lucaya. We ended up eating there for breakfast most mornings.

Pluses
- It's convenient if you are staying at the Westin.
- Coffee is good
- It's an all you can eat buffet with custom omlettes, fresh fruit, and other hot dishes that change daily. Usually some variation of Eggs Benedict, a Frittta or Quiche, some kind of pancakes or french toast.

Minuses
- Service is hit or miss. Sometimes it's adequate other times it's bad. Regardless you get to pay the 15% Autotip (which is ridiculous for a buffet). My wife usually had to ask for her tea more than once.

- Its expensive. With the Autotip it's $45.90 for two people.

- God awulf music. The same god awful music. Playing every single morning. Not sure exactly what it is but some kind of mix between hip hop and calypso. By the end of our stay I was ready to rip the speakers out of the wall.

- Hot dishes are just ok. Eggs benedict was cold. Pancakes were just ok. Not sure what was lacking but there was something missing.

- Should have extra silverware available so that if you decide to get some oatmeal you have a spoon there instaed of having to ask for one or reuse the one you use for stirring your coffee/tea.

We ended up eating there most mornings because my preference is to do a big breakfast in the morning and an early dinner to maximize my beach time.