“Tony Macaroni's is Bahamian All The Way!”

Tony Macaroni's Conch Experience
Cuisines: Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Beach Shack
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Freeport (Port Lucaya) as a cruise destination may sometimes be considered one of the lesser desirable ports because there is not as much to do. However, there is alot to be said for not being so populated with tourist venues! We tumbled upon Tony's open air restaurant by sheer accident...actually it was purely perfect! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the delicious conch that Tony cooked in his open air kitchen. As a Westerner, it can take you aback to have your cook sit down and sample his own creation with you! But, that is what makes Bahamian style so different! Tony is proud to be a Bahamian and he likes to cook and he likes to mingle. The whole vibe from food to atmosphere is one of no pretenses or formalities. It is a true dip into Bahamian aunthenticity. And honestly, that is hard to find these days in many places in the Bahamas. While we were there, a couple came by to say hello to Tony because they had fond memories of being at his place 12 years ago! I was very impressed by that... perhaps when we want to escape our every day lives, a meal or a day at Tony Macaroni's might just be what the doctor ordered!

3  Thank cachco

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Best Conch salad, best cracked conch, best goombay smash. And it's literally a deck on the beach. Awesome time had by all.

1  Thank Mel0dy72
Reviewed July 25, 2012

this restaurant is giving away the largest sea shells if you purchase anything. I wish I could have returned with one. I had no room to pack it. They were beautiful and the sound of the ocean sounded strong in the shell.

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was walking along Taino beach and saw the sign for Tony Macaroni's restaurant in the sand near the water. I stopped to take a picture of the sign so that I could show my friends the menu items when I returned from my walk. The owner started screaming at me from the porch that I could not take a picture of the sign (which was on a PUBLIC BEACH) unless I was a paying customer. This was rude, so I didn't answer and kept walking.

Next, he screamed that I shouldn't be so serious and that it was a joke. Honestly, I prefer not to be screamed at by strange men, so I just kept walking. He became even more angry that I didn't respond, so he started to verbally harass me from his porch, asking if I was "from NY" because I was being "damn rude" (riiiiiight, I was the rude one...) and saying that I was a "cold woman and needed a permanent vacation". I never said a word to this man. He clearly has personal problems, a complete lack of courtesy, and no common sense whatsoever if he feels it is appropriate to scream at potential customers.

4  Thank Stefanie B
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great view (right on the beach) and delicious food. Great service with friendly, smiling faces!