“Get the banana bread!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My son and I ended up here after a Segway tour. It is 10-15 minutes, by car, east of Lucaya. The food is normal Bahamian beach fare-- conch, burgers, chicken, but the banana bread is really, really good. It is a mini-loaf (baby loaf?), for $5, baked to order, so it comes out piping hot. Moist and delicious! It was so good that I went back the next day by myself and ordered 3 loaves (to share!) and some peas and rice (not to share). The staff was great. I went close to closing time and wanted to do some shell scavenging way off the beach. They took my bread out of the oven right before they locked up and wrapped it to keep it hot while I was out in the bay. Although the restaurant was dark when I came out of the water an hour after they closed, the bread was still hot.

The atmosphere rocks with both indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating has both shaded and full-sun picnic tables. The seating deck is raised and sticks right out toward the water. There are also some beach chairs out on the sand, but not too many. Banana Bay is a great beach. Very shallow for at least 75 yards. Great for everyone. Really peaceful and absolutely beautiful. A great place to spend an afternoon. They close at 5pm, at least in the summer.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

It SUCKS I wouldn't go back there again. service was terrible. Food was nasty. I got attacked by bees

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here with Calypso tour, came back the next day and hung out all day! They opened a tab, so I could eat, hydrate and then have a few drinks all day. The Mahi Mahi fish sandwich was fresh and the conch was fabulous. The service was excellent and this beach is ro die for! Tide out, sand bar is great and little pockets of water are almost hot! Tide in and the swimming is perfect! My idea of heaven.

1  Thank MelodyTher5370
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This restaurant is great for families with young children and really anybody for that matter. At low tide there is the best sandbar on the island and the water is only a few inches deep. It is nature's babysitter for younger children. The crack conch is fantastic and the peas-n-rice are some of the best I have ever had! The waitress's are so personable and always have great recommendations.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

When we pulled up with our friend from the island we had very low expectations. Not only is the view spectacular but the food was too. We had crab cakes and a fresh crab salad that was so good. The burgers are good too. I enjoy a large carafe of ice tea! Definitely one of the best lunch spots on the island.