“Wonderful Eating Experience!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Eating Experience!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The patio seating is especially nice being able to people watch as you eat, as the restaurant is located in the center of the Lucayan port shopping marketplace. The food is reasonably priced and very good. You can also get breakfast there until 1pm in the afternoon which is nice as I like brunch!

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
Fort Drum, New York
“Great value”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ate at Zorba's almost everyday we were on the island. The seafood platter is a great bargain. The servers are awesome.

Visited December 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Better than some around it.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I'll start this review off like I will every one about Freeport, Bahamas. The people are friendly, the servers are friendly, the cab drivers are friendly...everyone is remarkably friendly on THE WHOLE ISLAND. So, I won't include that as part of my review, because it's apparently the national standard, which I and my wife have found TREMENDOUSLY refreshing!

Ok...The review...

Pros:
The food at Zorba's @Port Lacaye is not too shabby. The most authentic greek you'll find in the world? No. But it's very likely that it's the best Greek in Freeport, if not the only Greek in Freeport. If you order "to go", you can get in and out fairly quickly. Their Gyros are pretty awesome.

ABSOLUTE MUST: Get the "Guava Duff" if you like any sweets AT ALL! It's a "bread pudding" style dessert soaked in guava jelly and sweetened condensed milk and a few other flavors, but it's one of the most amazing things I've put in my mouth, and after being on the island and trying guava duff a few other places, it's the tastiest I've had thus far!

Cons:
My family went during a busy mealtime, and our server had a hard time getting us served well. After a whole lot of repeating and waiting for stuff like water and our appetizer, things moved along, but not very fluidly. Both the men's and women's bathrooms leave a lot to be desired, so don't be surprised if you have to dip your hand into a communal soap cup to try to get you hands clean...eeeesh...

• Visited January 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good food, moderate price, recommended by locals”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had lunch here and would have gone back. The food was tasty and our waitress was cheery, friendly and efficient. The restaurant and restrooms were clean and neat. Good experience.

• Visited December 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent value”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We loved Zorba's. The staff was very friendly, professional, and attentive. We went there for breakfast. I ordered the greek omelette and it was absolutely wonderful. The waitress was prompt and delivered hot sauce to accompany my omelette without having to ask. The coffee was excellent. I couldn't say enough about their selection and food quality and service. It was a highlight for our visit to Port Lucaya.

• Visited December 2013