“Nice patio, slow service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Med Mediterranean Restaurant

Le Med Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 119 Restaurants in Freeport
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice patio, slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stopped in for breakfast on the patio, which overlooks the marina at Port Lucaya. It is a nice location, but if you have any other plans for your day, try somewhere else. It was not busy, and it didn't take long to place our order, which was simple breakfast fare off the "specials" menu. We didn't realize until after the first 20 minutes that the people that were there before us hadn't eaten yet, and were getting frustrated. Our waitress was pleasant, but don't expect to get any refills of water or coffee without asking for it. With only 5 tables occupied, with 2 to 4 customers each, we didn't expext to have an hour wait for breakfast food. (omelets & toast)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

MD
“Could Be a great Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

The menu makes your mouth water, but the reality is that the chef is over-reaching. The Cesare salad with chicken included several whole leaves of romaine topped with one small square of feta, a few black olives and a kabob stick of overcooked chicken with an excellent dressing.
The lamb shank was similarly overcooked but had a great reduction sauce.
Penne pasta with shrimp had the same split personality. Great shrimp overcooked pasta.
The wine list was very good and the prices were reasonable.
We hope the next visit will show improvement in coordinated preparation.

West Orange, New Jersey
“Stay away from Le Med!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband & I received a voucher for a free meal at Le Med which is why we decided to go. Our waitress served us a drink with a bee visibly floating around at the top. When I asked for another drink she acted as though I had put the bee in the drink myself and started yelling that next time I should use a napkin to cover my drink. I would've been willing to accept another drink and overlook the mishap, but I think it's a given that the waitress is just supposed to apologize and get another drink, she was so horrible and treated us very awkwardly the rest of our meal. Unfortunately we did return to Le Med since we had another voucher and we were once again served by the rude waitress. She was occasionally nice but she definitely had an attitude the entire time. More importantly the food is not worth the money, unless you have a voucher and get it all for free.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

My wife, little 2 boys and I went in our second day in Freeport to have a lunct at le Med, its inside the Lucayan market. We were handed the menue at the door after we were called to come in and try their food (this is the way most restaurants do over there). My wife ordered half grilled chicken with fries, the kids ordered burger and i went for the fancy seafood platter (as shown in their wall pictures). I am telling you man!! it was a total waste of money, the kids said the food is gross and they wouldn't eat it, my wife said the chicken was not warm enough and has a lots of blood inside, myself, i liked the 2 pieces of shrimp (generous for $25 plate) but the other little items like crab tail meat and fried fish was awful. we paid around $70 for that ugly lunch, and by the way i forgot to mention our other guests, the beeeeeees. the shared with us the drinks!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
natebanta
“Romantic experience and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

TIP: Great early bird dinner special if you arrive before 6:30pm.
We wanted a restaurant where we could enjoy on a romantically lit patio, efficient service, nice wine, and good food. Le Med was just right. It had a touch of elegance, right on the channel, and a good selection of well prepared dishes. Flavors weren't the fullest, but still quite good.

Visited December 2011