“Best sushi in town!!!”

Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Visit us on our Facebook page : Pier One and East Restaurant 1 We are opened 7 days. Monday to Friday from 11 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Best Sushi in town!!! They have these two Guys makin u all the good stuff

1  Thank gerhamian

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Delicious steak and lobster! had the opportunity to see the sharks on 2 occasions (8pm and 9pm). Staff mentioned if you pick a night to eat there, make it a stormy night as the bullsharks come out during the rougher weather. We had one rainy/windy day and night and took a cab there from our resort Taino Beach. It is quite a cab fare to the restaurant ($25-30) but we went with another couple so it wasn't as bad. Everyone at our table had a great experience. They throw meat scraps off the dock and the sharks were everywhere, really cool to see wild sharks, suprised at how non-publicized the restaurant is.

Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I went here based on recommendations from our resort for a nice dinner out. Our nice and their nice are apparently very different. Our cab dropped us off and we were brought to our table That overlooked the harbor with sharks swimming below. Our appetizer was decent and drinks were ok. I ordered shark which I've had before and loved. The piece I received didn't look very good and tasted even worse. It tasted as if it was dipped in bleach. I couldn't eat one bite. My husband ordered chicken that we could have made better ourselves. They didn't take the shark off the bill. The waitress laughed when I said It tasted like bleach. Save your money And time and go to another establishment. Worst dining experience I've ever had.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) went here for dinner in April. We made advanced reservations for a balcony seats per previous reviews. Our seat and view was incredible - we had the sun setting with boats in the distance. Breathtaking!
Surprisingly we were the only ones at the restaurant for the first hour or so that we were there (didn't really need the reservations!) Service was great - but we were the only ones being served! Our drinks and food were delicious. They did not have our first choice of meals - they were out of whatever it was, so we got our second choice and it was very, very good.
At 7:00 they rang the dinner bell to attract the sharks and threw some fish in the water. Unfortunately nothing came to eat the fish except a lot of birds. The shark feeding was initially the reason we went to the restaurant, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the amazing view and the great food. So, if you are only going for the shark feeding, all I can say is that on the particular night we were there, we did not get to see any. But, the trip out there was worth it for the food and atmosphere.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

1. Shoney's-Quality Food
Actually, this is being unfair to Shoney's Restaurants. Shoney's food is at least edible.
2. Menu Misprints
Be sure to ask if the description on the menu matches what you will actually receive. Numerous "Misprints." When you order an item and it arrives not as described, it's the customer fault. Just ask the manager who expects you to read minds.
3. Items "Not Available"
Call ahead to be sure there's actually food. When we arrived, snapper, grouper, and shark items were out. That's half the menu. Enjoy your popcorn shrimp off the kiddie menu!
4. Pricey
Do not expect to find ANY entree priced lower than $24.95. If you would like to pay that while you hold your nose to avoid tasting the food, be my guest. I did it once and should have read the negative reviews on a variety of websites before going.
5. Sharks…Where?
Don’t expect to see sharks…if the wind blows more than 5mph, anytime from November-April, or during shark mating season. Of course, the restaurant doesn’t tell you this until you’ve ordered and then look over the rail to see the staff attempt to feed the rocks and empty ocean.
6. Service
They get their 15% no matter what. We asked 6 times for a glass of water, SIX! The restaurant was practically empty.
7. The Drive There
We passed a number of other restaurants that the locals told us we should have gone to instead. Stop there before you drive all the way out to the harbor just to be disappointed.

2  Thank hoffmie