“Much better than last year”

Pier One Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 123 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Visit us on our Facebook page : Pier One and East Restaurant 1 We are opened 7 days. Monday to Friday from 11 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I heard that they had a new chef and it is true the service and food is an improvement on last year but they still need to raise the quality of their Italian menu food.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The restaurant is remote if you are staying in Lucaya but well worth the 20 min cab ride to watch the sharks feeding. The food was amazing! Everything that we ordered was delicious. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would fly back just to eat here again!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

It's been awhile since I last visited this restaurant. It was damaged during one of the hurricanes. It has reopened and is back serving guests and the sharks. I remember the meal I last had here and it was great. The restaurant itself has changed; its moved from its previous location about 1/8 mile and totally rebuilt. It now has a sushi bar and you no longer climb stairs to get to the restaurant. The seating outside are like picnic tables, can't tell about upstairs since no one was there. The menu has undergone a change- much fewer selections that before, and serving sushi. The feeding of the sharks has changed since the location in more northeast than it was before and the sharks aren't as bountiful as before, no rays were evident. We had the escargot and conch chowder to start with, followed with the Chef's seafood platter and a maki roll, capping the meal off with tiramisu an espresso and .regular coffee. Overall, I am happy to have Pier One back, but it's not the same and it will take a lot of getting used to the new changes.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We just celebrated New Year's Eve dinner with our family and enjoyed an incredible dinner! Gourmet sushi, incredible seafood and pasta and an overall great dining experience. The sharks are an added bonus to the evening meal but we will return based on food alone! Overall one of the best restaurants on the island. Service was amazing!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have travelled to the Bahamas several times over the years. Trust me, it's not the island's food that keeps me coming back. Pier 1 is what I like to call typical Bahamian. The atmosphere is nice, on the water, friendly service, even shark feeding to entertain you. Also typical, is the overcooking of the food. Mahi Mahi was dry and uninteresting. While I don't expect French gourmet dining on the island, it would be nice to get a simply prepared fresh piece of fish that isn't dry as a bone. Restaurant meals don't come cheap in the Bahamas and considering the quality of food served in most places you're better off not spending a fortune on the fancier restaurants. The shark feeding frenzy that occurs every hour might be a little scary for the little ones.

Thank Take my word for it...