“Incredible”

Ranked #12 of 123 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Visit us on our Facebook page : Pier One and East Restaurant 1 We are opened 7 days. Monday to Friday from 11 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We just celebrated New Year's Eve dinner with our family and enjoyed an incredible dinner! Gourmet sushi, incredible seafood and pasta and an overall great dining experience. The sharks are an added bonus to the evening meal but we will return based on food alone! Overall one of the best restaurants on the island. Service was amazing!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have travelled to the Bahamas several times over the years. Trust me, it's not the island's food that keeps me coming back. Pier 1 is what I like to call typical Bahamian. The atmosphere is nice, on the water, friendly service, even shark feeding to entertain you. Also typical, is the overcooking of the food. Mahi Mahi was dry and uninteresting. While I don't expect French gourmet dining on the island, it would be nice to get a simply prepared fresh piece of fish that isn't dry as a bone. Restaurant meals don't come cheap in the Bahamas and considering the quality of food served in most places you're better off not spending a fortune on the fancier restaurants. The shark feeding frenzy that occurs every hour might be a little scary for the little ones.

Thank Take my word for it...
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Three of us went at sunset upon the recommendations of Trip Advisor. Food was very good. We had a combination of sushi, sashmi and chicken parm. Service was excellent. It was a bit pricey but we're on vacation! The hourly shark feeding provided a source of entertainment. All in all, it was a good experience. We would go back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Outstanding sushi and regular food menu. It is a little pricey but worth it. The service was excellent. We were a group of friends but this place can accommodate families and also be a great romantic dinner spot for couples. It is set right out on the water and you can catch an amazing sunset. At 7, 8, and 9 PM every night, the staff feeds the local resident Caribbean Reef sharks. The owner was very nice and greeted us at the table. Fabulous place! Loved it!

1  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have been on Pier One several times. Make sure to ask a table on the balcony, if possible on a corner to have 2 angles view. Always enjoy their soups, the food is properly prepared and tasty, no matter if you choose seafood, steak or pasta. Had a very nice time when I asked for some pieces of bread to feed the fishes and sharks from the balcony with my girlfriend... it was quite a nice experience after the meal. The service is average and are temporary staff so don't expect an explanation of how certain selection is made or what is in there. My only observation would the that the prices are a bit high, not enough to avoid me from going there again, but still expensive. Let's be on the positive side and say that you are paying for the location and the experience.