“Awesome experience”

Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Visit us on our Facebook page : Pier One and East Restaurant 1 We are opened 7 days. Monday to Friday from 11 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Ok, let's start with the food. It was good. It was a bit pricey, but it was good food. I had the chicken parma, the wife had the lamb and we were both happy. Had Key Lime pie and conch fritter. No complaints on any of it.

The service was good and thorough.

Now... the sharks. They were there and they were awesome. Really. Awesome. Saw HUGE lemon sharks and bull sharks and even some big, huge cobia. Highlight of the trip so far.

It is a little hard to find. It is at the Lucayan Harbor, which is different from Port Lucaya and the Port Lucaya Marketplace. Pier One is over by the cruise ship port and all the oil facilities.

Reservations are a good idea. Place was packed at feeding time (7, 8 and 9).

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We heard the shark feeding was neat, so we planned dinner there. Had reservations for 6pm on the outside deck, so we could have good viewing for the shark feeding at 7pm. We were shocked at the prices. The mixed alcoholic drinks were 8.95. The cheapest entree on the menu was the Chicken Parmigian for $21. The place had very few people, and I can understand why-- the prices were ridiculous. The shark feeding at $7 brought in 2 small sharks. Not very exciting. All in all, the experience was a dude. I read all the reviews before going, and I knew in advance that the reviews were all negative for the Pier One restaurant. But I wanted to experience it for myself. Hopefully the next person reading this review will be smarter than I, and spend there money at a good restaurant.

1  Thank Peggy M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OMG! The food was fantastic. We shared the chef's seafood platter, which consisted of stuffed lobster tail, jumbo shrimp, blackened mahi, crab cakes, peas and rice, and veggies. We also got an order of sushi, as well as conch chowder appetizer. A couple of beers, a couple of glasses of wine and a healthy sized glass of Crown Royale, and I think our bill was $112 including tip. Not bad at all, considering that it was OUTSTANDING food and we got to watch 20 foot long bull sharks in the harbor right next to us. We had rented a car; I can see how it could be a little costly to take a taxi clear out there from the resort areas, but I think it would have been worth it. Their Argentine Trivento wine was amazing and I can't find the sweet white in the states- might have to go back sooner than planned! Wish I could share pics of our dinner; it was superb!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The shark feeding was fun to watch. But after having just ok or good food on the rest of the island, we LOVED the food here. If you like sushi, this is a must do. It is a bit on the expensive side (especially if you don't have a car and have to take a taxi in addition to the food), but I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was skeptical when Cara at the Pelican Bay Resort told use to try Pier1 for the Sushi. It was a special occasion for my wife and I and i wanted it to be nice. She told me to ask for Carlos and he would hook us up. It was a 30.00 cab ride from the hotel but it was worth every penny. I asked Carlos to just make us what he thought was the best and each course just got better. The final course was was baked lobster sushi with a special Latina sushi on the side. He knocked it out of the park. On my next trip to Freeport I will stop there. I did not approve of the shark feeding but some people like it