“A great choice for our last night on the island!”

Pier One Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Visit us on our Facebook page : Pier One and East Restaurant 1 We are opened 7 days. Monday to Friday from 11 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday from 4 pm to 10 pm
Reviewed March 14, 2013

OMG! The food was fantastic. We shared the chef's seafood platter, which consisted of stuffed lobster tail, jumbo shrimp, blackened mahi, crab cakes, peas and rice, and veggies. We also got an order of sushi, as well as conch chowder appetizer. A couple of beers, a couple of glasses of wine and a healthy sized glass of Crown Royale, and I think our bill was $112 including tip. Not bad at all, considering that it was OUTSTANDING food and we got to watch 20 foot long bull sharks in the harbor right next to us. We had rented a car; I can see how it could be a little costly to take a taxi clear out there from the resort areas, but I think it would have been worth it. Their Argentine Trivento wine was amazing and I can't find the sweet white in the states- might have to go back sooner than planned! Wish I could share pics of our dinner; it was superb!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The shark feeding was fun to watch. But after having just ok or good food on the rest of the island, we LOVED the food here. If you like sushi, this is a must do. It is a bit on the expensive side (especially if you don't have a car and have to take a taxi in addition to the food), but I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was skeptical when Cara at the Pelican Bay Resort told use to try Pier1 for the Sushi. It was a special occasion for my wife and I and i wanted it to be nice. She told me to ask for Carlos and he would hook us up. It was a 30.00 cab ride from the hotel but it was worth every penny. I asked Carlos to just make us what he thought was the best and each course just got better. The final course was was baked lobster sushi with a special Latina sushi on the side. He knocked it out of the park. On my next trip to Freeport I will stop there. I did not approve of the shark feeding but some people like it

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just love this restaurant….it my favorite place to go…..Beautiful restaurant with stunning views of the harbor It’s located at the Cruise Ship port. It is a bit out of the way if you are staying in Freeport, or Lucya, but is worth the trip $60.00 cab ride (bring a sweater or light jacket it can be a bit windy at times).They feed the sharks at 7:00 8:00 and 9:00 pm. Please remember these are wild sharks ….not in an aquarium…so sometimes you might not see any ( We have been lucky and seen them every time) All the staff are wonderful and make you feel you are amongst friends…On our first visit to Pier One we were seated in Richard’s section and always ask for him. Truly the BEST LAMB we have ever had…prepared perfectly. If you are on the island and don't go you really will be missing something special. Cant wait till next time....

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place exceeded our expectations. We thought it'd be a touristy spot with sub-par food (but were so ready for something beyond the food of our hotel). We were impressed with the decor (sat in the section of the restaurant with the sushi), wowed by the sushi, felt our meal of red snapper was quite good, so immediately said "yes" to dessert. We should have stopped at the meal. The dessert was so forgettable. Would definitely return for the sushi, but decline the dessert.