“Great Place in Freeport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunrise Resort & Marina

Sunrise Resort & Marina
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Freeport
Venice, Florida
“Great Place in Freeport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a little out of the way, but has harbor access and is relatively close to the airport as well. The service is wonderful and staff is very thoughtful. The rooms are clean and fresh with no musty smell so often found in the islands.

The price is excellent and the amenities are very good.

It is not the Ritz or Lucya, but it makes up for that by being warm, inviting and a great example of Bahamian friendliness.

Will I go back? YES! And I hope soon. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would pick a second floor room if possible, a better view and maybe even quieter than sown stairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank William S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

quiet and neat - the room I got was fabulous - over looking a canal. It was third floor, but I needed the exercise!
Easy to get to the dive shop and back again from this place. Everyone on staff was so very nice and helpful, too.
I will be going back again...next year (2014) for Memorial Day weekend.
The only down side here, was the restaurant was not that good and the hours were a bit hard to understand (sign said open, and it was locked, etc.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank psincl5611
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel was a little ways from the downtown and port lucaya hustle and flow so I wasn't to enthusiastic at first ,but when we arrived we were greeted by the warm and bubbly manager aka TC (or who we affectionately called THE DIVA) who introduced us to all of the lovely amenities and near by places to go for food. We went bike riding (something I haven't done in years!),then we went kayaking (something I have never done!), the hotel is at the end of a quiet street right off the ocean inlet,some of my male friends went fishing and we all enjoyed the pool and the recreation room which had wifi. The rooms were roomy,clean and comfortable and the staff aimed to please,I would definitely go again and again.the only thing I think they should change is putting wifi in the rooms. Excellent customer service,nice amenities,clean large rooms with refrigerator ,what more can I say!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tina W
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This wonderful place is tucked into a corner at the end of a tree lined street not far from the Ocean. The staff is very kind and helpful. If you have a boat the marina is beautiful. The grounds and the rooms are well maintained. Rooms are very clean. Bicycles are available for free. Kayaks are available for the adventurous ones who want some exercise and a chance to admire the scenery. Would definitely recommend this place for peaceful get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ann Marie L
Timmins, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Once again, the staff and Ta'Shar at Sunrise Resort & Marina have done everything to go beyond my expectations. My guests from Canada were thoroughly pleased and impressed enough to consider a return trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MarcelP56
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Beautiful scene, rent a car and enjoy what the island have to offer.... Had fun playing pool, also enjoy the music playing in the pool area. Clean swimming pool.... the library has a calming effect..... Just lovely, just go and enjoy yourself, with that special one...

Room Tip: In the middle you can view the Marina! It's beautiful.....
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Malicha F
Nova Scotia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was definately not worth the money and I'm glad my whole vacation was not spent here!

Dirty coffee machine, no restaurants anywhere in the vicinity and no cooking facilities to bring your own food! No access to the beach even though you are told there is....the beach is located down a road that is marked "private property" and has a security guard!

As for the name, they are not even facing the right way to see the Sunrise!!

No internet service as per advertised, dirty linens, I won't get into specifics, needless to say I slept fully clothed!! Dirty bathroom......and I could go on but I think you get the idea!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sunshine13NovaScotia
Ta Shar C, General Manager at Sunrise Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Sunshine13NovaScotia,

I apologize for the issues during your recent stay, and wish you had voiced your concerns to us while you were here.

I can assure you that our housekeeping staff takes great pride in ensuring every room is spotless and linens fresh and clean for our guests. Your experience is not representative with our high standards, and I am working with our staff to look into the issues.

We are working with the authorities to enhance our free Wi-Fi, but there are free hot spots now throughout the resort. The nearby white sand beach is also available to our guests, many of whom appreciate its quiet nature.

Again, I apologize for the issues you experienced.

Best regards,