“By far the BEST restaurant on Grand Bahama Island.”
Review of Dolphin Clubhouse

Dolphin Clubhouse
Description: Dolphin Cove Clubhouse is an unique, private supper club in an exquisite environment. Join us as our local executive Chef Neil Rolle prepares your supper in an open kitchen. Reservations and dress code is required. We are open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 6pm to 10:30pm and Sunday from 9am to 2pm.
Reviewed March 6, 2018

It's hard on Grand Bahama Island to find a restaurant that has superlative food, delightful service, nice ambiance and reasonable prices (for a fine dining establishment.) I had the lobster and it was perfectly prepared and delicious. The serve Wente chardonnay and one bottle had gone south, so they immediately brought a new one. The service is exquisite. We come to GBI for the winter, and this is the place we will eat out most frequently. It's about $75. to $100. per person, depending on how many drinks and appetizers you have. But definitely worth it. Reservations are required and children are not allowed. I was a teacher for 34 years and love kids, but do not want crying children when I'm enjoying a fine dinner. Good idea on their part, as far as I'm concerned.

KennethBrookes, Owner at Dolphin Clubhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We try very hard to create a nice environment with great food and service. Trying to change the minds of one guest at time about Freeport dining experience.
Thanks again and welcome to the Dolphin Cove family
Ken and staff

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

The service was good and fast.
The food was excellent and well prepared.
The pricing was a little on high side.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

the dolphin cove clubhouse has a very nice location overlooking a canal.
the ambience is elegant outside and inside. the service is perfect [ this time from Stanley]
very good onion soup $ 9
we had a excellent filet mignon (8 ounces or more) with vegetables $ 42
a bottle of chianti ruffino $ 36
fernet branca $ 9
it is always a pleasure to have dinner there.
open tuesday to saturday

1  Thank 13hawaii
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Only the second departure from my policy of not reviewing on my home island – and for the same reason. The offering was so good I just had to write about it. The sense of wellbeing started with the smiling young guy who slid back the gate to let us into the parking lot and continued with the friendly greeter who came down the steps from the terrace to give us a warm welcome.
Dolphin Cove is more a dining club experience than a restaurant since it is who attached to a small walled condo complex. However that does not take away from it being a fine eatery by any standard. We had reserved a table for an early meal – reservations are necessary since the place limits the number of guests it will serve – and could have opted for a cocktail on the large terrace, which overlooks a tranquil and picturesque inland waterway, but it was a hot evening and so chose to enjoy excellent martinis inside while chatting to friends we had not seen for a while and perusing the small but varied menu.
Three of us opted for the fish special, which was tuna, and special it was. Good raw material, brilliantly cooked. That did not take away evident enjoyment with which the fourth member of the group devoured her shrimp main. The starters had been filling and tasty and so none of us had space for a dessert. That was a bit of a pity because part of the fun at Dolphin Cove is that you can watch the chef preparing the dishes only from a few feet away.
The hallmark of the evening for us was the attentive service, conducted in a manner which was the right balance between obsequious and overly-familiar. Frankly it was like dining as guests of friends who are really pulling out all the stops to make you happy. Once the meal was done it was outside where it had become cool enough to enjoy a nightcap watching the shadows lengthen on the water. Then it was back to how the evening had started but only in reverse. The greeter was now the bidder of farewell and the young guy on the gate was still smiling as he slid it closed.
An excellent evening. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for and none of us was complaining ut the bill. It had been our third visit – the first for a brilliant Sunday brunch and the second a 75th birthday party for a friend on the terrace, each carried off with considerable class.

KennethBrookes, Owner at Dolphin Clubhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Our goal is to make each guest feel as they are home eating a fine meal with friendly service. It really is where everyone knows your name.
Ken

Reviewed May 17, 2017

As an expat for the last nine (9) years I have lived in three countries and always I'm looking for laces where I can have great food and wine in an environment that my family and I can enjoy and feel connected. The Clubhouse is that place for us. We currently live in Freeport Bahamas and this restaurant is the place I call home when it comes to bring my family for dinner. Ken Brookes (owner) and his outstanding staff always make sure that everyone feels at home and have a great experience. The attentive service, dedication and focus to detail is at its best. Chef Neil always works the ingredients in such a fashion that everything in the menu is a culinary experience by itself. The personal attention and welcoming environment always makes me and my family feel we are among family and friends. I come here regularly and every meal I have had there is a great memory for all of us. I strongly recommend that when you are in this part of the world, come and visit the Dolphin Clubhouse.