“Food good...Service not so much”
Review of Poseidon's Table

Poseidon's Table
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate here on Christmas day after seeing that they advertised a Christmas dinner- we weren't overly keen on the idea of a buffet, but we were pretty impressed overall!

The queues to get in this place can be really long at peak times (between 8-10am for breakfast and 5-7pm for dinner) as it seems to be a popular place for people with kids. We however didn't eat till 8:30pm and had no issue getting in and for the most part the restaurant was completely empty of people.

I'll get the negative out the way first... This was one of the few places at Atlantis where we came across bad service. The staff who were meant to be doing the carvery seemed to have completed abandoned the meat stations, after hovering around for 5 or so minutes and getting no where, I gave up and decided to come back in a bit. When I got back to the table a family member who was yet to go up said they'd get me some if the servers were back when they got there. When they returned they had a very small serving of meat- the servers had refused to give them any more, even after they explained the situation. Even if wasn't for an extra person, it's and ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet, and a pretty pricey one at that so surely they shouldn't be there acting like the meat police? They had just brought out 3 or 4 cuts of meat so it wasn't like they were running low.

Anyway, that aside, the rest of the food was really nice and there was a good mix of everything- meats, pastas, pizza, sushi, fish, salads and massive dessert station with pretty much every type of cake/ice cream you could think of! I highly doubt anyone would struggle to find something they'd like there. We only ended up eating there once as we found Mosaic to be a much nicer buffet with much better service!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (461)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first encounter with dining at Atlantis was "Poseidon's Table", A large buffet near the Royal lobby. Here the staff tends to try a little harder to be friendly obviously encouraging an "Additional Gratuity" on to the already massively overpriced tab. there is really nothing special about this buffet - pretty ordinary when comparing to U.S. chains like Chuck-A-Rama or Golden Corral. They just don't hit the target at three times the price. Being a Vegan, I chose to eat here twice during my stay to stuff myself with Fruits and Veggies.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We ate here and regretted it immediately. A sandwich at the deli next door would have been better. The food is awful!

1  Thank jrichardevans
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Amazing tasty food, wide variety, staff were friendly and helpful but they definitely need more staff helping serving food.
Would strongly recommend if you would like to taste some of the local dishes and fish. Reasonably priced for an Atlantis buffet. The seating area outside facing the sharks and rays is superb.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

$70 dollars for dinner, of course this includes the mandatory VAT and tip. Found was average at best. There is an extensive dessert table and the conch chowder was delicious, the only saving grace for me. Always a wait to get someone at the carving table to come over, and they alway seemed like it was a big imposition on them to ask to slice some of the meat for you. I would return

Date of visit: December 2019