I had an ocean view room
Reading reviews made my trip go very smoothly. I booked the reef because I don't like crowds. The room was more costly but to me worth it.
The location is a 5min walk to the waterpark. On the taxi ride in we stopped at the supermarket and bought items for breakfast and lunch I thought this idea was genius since everyone complained about the food. For dinner we took the shuttle to the bottom of the bridge and walked across. I took this advice from a previous reviewer and I was very pleased. Once across the bridge there are many restaurants to choose from and it is a 5min walk. We ate at the poop deck. The food was good. If you want local food right at the bottom of the bridge there are huts that serve food. I recommend Tony's. (He is closed Thursday) We had fried fish and fried lobster. I would also recommend going during the earlier part of the evening. They open at around 2pm. My kids ages 15 and 8 had so much fun they loved it and so did I. The whole resort is huge. It's a heaven for kids of all ages. We enjoyed it more that Disney World.
-The Royal tower reminded me of grand central station.
(One of the aquariums is located there)
-Most kids daily activities are in the beach and Coral tower
-The cleanest and prettiest beach is by the tower closest to the Riu hotel (I think that's the beach tower
-The beach closest to the Reef and Cove has seaweed and rocks. But better pools
-finally if your on a tight budget stay at the comfort suites it's walking distance and you can get free passes for the attractions and rides.
-The reef has a complimentary laundry room. (Pack detergent)
-haggle the guys that rent the jet ski
They charge $75 I gave them $40(they are independently owned)
-if you are going without kids stay at the Cove they have the best pool and it's restricted to Adults only and Cove guests only.
-On the rapids river stay on until the end there are hidden rides. (Best lazy river ever)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. Our Bahamas resort hotel features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island