“Paradisimo”

The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Get the kids off the coach-Off the computer. Spend the money and head to where the sun always shines-Except for that wonderful stray shower now and then.
Make sure you spend it at The Reefs. This lovely oasis set back on the north side of the resort away from the maddening crowds. Bring your big pocketbook and open it up to the Atlantis gods. They are there to make you assume the position:) Go off season if you can Sept and Oct are quiet times. The other good thing if you stay at the Reefs is that you have great view of the Ships in the Harbor. You can see by the size and the amount of ships docked. That should be our barometer on how friggin crowded the Waterpark will be on any given day. Go early to the Water park and then come back later in the day.
The ocean is spectacular++ Im afraid that exposing the kids to such velvet sand and turquoise waters will spoil them forever. So be it!

Room Tip: One small complaint was that the rooms facing the Cove...You get the thumping of the Hip Hop Rock n...
1  Thank PeteyFigs

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just returned from spending 4 fabulous days at the Reef, we went to celebrate my daughter's 40th birthday, there was four of us, my daughter, her girlfriend, my 7 year old grand daughter and myself. We had booked just the basic studio apartment, when we checked in, we were told that we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite, ocean front on the 14th floor, it was fabulous, even had a full kitchen, we bought supplies for breakfast and lunch and had a nice meal in the restaurants around Atlantis at night. We really loved that the Reef had it's own private pool and beach area (shared with the Cove) it was so nice to come back to relax there in the afternoons, after spending time in the busy water park areas which were really crowded, especially when the cruise ships were in.
The Reef is the furtherest away building, we didn't find this a problem, the shuttles were very frequent and also walking through the resort to the water park, was not a problem.
The staff mostly were very helpful. There is a Starbucks on site (which my daughter and her friend were very happy about!) it is a bit more pricey than the regular Starbucks, but not too bad.
Yes, the Reef is a condo building and doesn't have all the facilities that the other towers have, we enjoyed this about it, and as I mentioned before, it was very easy to get to anywhere on the Atlantis property. We will definately return!

Room Tip: High floor ocean view.
1  Thank Miste2013
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I'll repeat that one more time: The Reef is not a full hotel but a condo hotel that is appealing more to groups or families in need of suites with a full kitchen, 2 separate rooms and space to sleep 4-5. But is NOT a full hotel and you note that immediately when you enter the lobby: more than a lobby it resembles a condominium reception area. Most of the time only one person at the reception, so expect to wait for check in/ check out or to make any complain.
The ONLY place to eat or drink is a Starbucks, You have to walk or take a shuttle to nearby hotels to have a decent breakfast. All big name restaurants are in the "real" hotels.
But the worse part is that if you are a reef guest you feel you are treated different, like second hand guest, inside the waterpark premises . Can you imagine that from the reef, you have to walk through the next hotel (The Cove) in order to access the main waterpark as you are NOT allowed to walk around The Cove private cabañas and small beach lounges and chairs.Interesting,intriguing,but insulting when you are paying $500/ night.
And what they dont tell you is that this condo hotel is at the far corner of the Atlantis complex, a full 15 min walk to the aquatic rides or A 10 min shuttle. With no ammenities of their own,and no restaurants, you are always either walking or taking the courtesy shuttle.The casino is on the Royal Towers , 2 hotels away.
The rooms suites are big and with the mentioned kitchen. Beds are in the hard side, not so comfortable.
2 bathrooms are nice if you come in numbers, but a waste if you are a couple. The beach side was good and with few people( as it is so far away). Mostly a family beach with little kids.You will enjoy it if you want to be mostly alone.
Service was overall mediocre and NOT to the level of what you are paying.
If you want to have all the ammenities, being close to restaurants and to the full entertainment this resort can offer, especially if you are visiting Atlantis for the first time: Do not stay at the Reef condo hotel. I suggest you better stay at the Royal Towers or any other close by. And dont be fooled like I was, believing it was a
full time hotel; you will be highly dissapointed.

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank CJFRAGAPR
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the middle of July 2014. During check in they informed us the hotel we selected was over booked and they were very sorry but would upgrade us to The Reef, I chose Coral Towers because of the location, The Reef was a bit far from all of the activities, but these things happen. We found The Reef to be beautiful. The staff we came in contact with throughout the resort were extremely friendly and courteous. The cuisine was a delight. With all that said, unfortunately we were charged for alcohol out of the mini bar that we did not consume.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank hail2daqueen
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here as part of a large family reunion, and while resorts aren't my thing anyway, too many things didn't work quite right and the staff wasn't quite on the ball in the way I would expect at a large, popular, and expensive resort.

We arrived in our lovely suite to discover that the toilet didn't flush. The front desk promised to send up a repair person, which ended up taking several hours and multiple requests--no time estimate, no apology, just a hassle.

I requested toothpaste from the concierge, then went to take a nap. After repeated calls from the front desk asking if I'd received the delivery, I got up to discover that someone had come into the room while I was napping and left the toothpaste on the bed--the bed I was sleeping in at the time. I can't imagine an international hotel where that's an acceptably normal thing to do.

Little things just weren't right: The shower door wasn't hung perfectly so it didn't close all the way, a sewage smell came up through the shower drain, the clocks in our room and those of our other party members were all set to different wrong times.

And if we're going to pay $31 each for the mediocre (but vast and very nice looking) breakfast buffet at the Cove next door, it's pretty lousy to arrive to find a 40-person line waiting to get in. We came back to the Reef to find another dozen refugees who'd fled for the Starbucks. The cost is what it is, though, including the many, many fees added onto our final bill, and the $22/day you pay for the privilege of accessing the wireless. That part I did expect.

Oh, and one plus about the Reef: For what it's worth, the elevator rides were noticeably smooth and fast.

4  Thank Robin K
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This is our second trip back to the Bahamas. Last year my wife and I stayed at the Ocean Club which was formerly known as the One and Only. We loved it and decided to take our two children back this year. Since we are traveling with our children we decided to book a two bedroom suite at the Reef Atlantis. The room was old and it was bot worth the 10K they charged for a 5 nights stay. Worst part of the trip was that one morning my wife and i decided to check out the Cain pool which was an adult pool at the Cove which is next door to the Reef we were rudely asked by Ricardo who was a security guard there to leave. We were not even swimming and there was not a single person there. They told us that the pool is for Cove guests and Reef owners only. We apparently were just above trash according to him. I have never been so insulted. I booked this trough by Amex Centurion Card Travel and was never told we would be treated like a second class person. For the money to spend staying at a two bedroom suite at the Reef you are better off going somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014
12  Thank Russell L
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was a little apprehensive about my stay at the Reef after reading so many reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice everything was.

Staff - Super friendly and accomodating. Anything that we requested was granted. We learned so much from the staff about Atlantis and the Bahamas.

Hotel - The room was super nice, the bathroom was beautiful and spacious. We booked a terrace view room but when we arrived the host gave us a complimentary upgrade with views of the ocean and harbour. The in room fridge and stove were also nice, since we often had leftovers from all of the meals we ate. The Reef is also smoke-free which I loved. The Reef was worth the money compared to the other Atlantis hotels.

The Reef also has its own beach which was never crowded and we were always able to find a beach chair.

Food is expensive but not more than what you would pay at any other island resort. I found that the prices were comparable to Hawaii. However you can find cheaper and better local food with just a short taxi ride in to Nassau.

The only downside for me was the expensive cost of Wifi. Since I left a young son at home, it was hard to not be able to Skype or Facetime, but at 25.00 dollars a day, we were not willing to pay that amount for Wifi. There is free Wifi available in town.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a ocean view, ask for a upgrade when you arrive and tip the host.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!